Thank you to our partner Martin Trautschold (CEO/Founder of BlackBerryMadeSimple) for this information and step-by-step ... General Blackberry forum

TheBBerryGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

SOLUTION: BlackBerry 8800 Series/8300 Curve Calendar Issues

Advertisement

Thank you to our partner Martin Trautschold (CEO/Founder of BlackBerryMadeSimple) for this information and step-by-step fix.

NOTE: This email only applies to people who own or support users with a BlackBerry 8800 Series or 8300 Curve(TM) and are experiencing that the calendar alarms are not working at all. (Example: You set your BlackBerry calendar to notify you with vibrate or vibrate+tone for alarms and nothing happens!) The other issue that has come up is the problem when you try to sync your calendar using Desktop Manager and receive a "Duplicate Records" error.

NOTE: If you are an Apple Mac user, then most of this email applies, but I'm not sure of the exact method to clear out your BlackBerry calendar - PocketMac may have a solution.

I just spent about one hour on technical support with my carrier and then RIM to find out that this issue is a "bug" in the v4.2.2 BlackBerry Software and there is a current "patch" to download and fix it. But what is not listed on the BlackBerry web site was the fact that I had to delete all my BlackBerry calendar entries and re-sync to my computer to get the calendar alarms working again.

With this message, I'm hoping to save you time and frustration.

IMPORTANT: If you work at an organization with a help desk/IT support, then please don't do anything before first contacting them or checking your internal help desk web site for information.

Here are instructions on how to get this done:

Step 1: Go to http://www.blackberry.com/select/calendarPatch2007/ to learn more about the problem.

Step 2: Follow the instructions on this web site to download and install the patch - there are instructions for individuals (at the very bottom of the page) and BlackBerry Enterprise Administrators - select the correct links.

Step 3: (NOT LISTED ON THE RIM WEB SITE) After installing the calendar patch, you must delete you entire BlackBerry calendar. NOTE: If you have not synchronized or shared your calendar to your computer from your BlackBerry, you should do that before deleting it!
    You can delete your calendar information using BlackBerry Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced. For detailed video instructions, we have made one of our video tutorials available for no-charge. You can view a video on how to clear out just the calendar by clicking this link: http://www.blackberrymadesimple.com/deletecalendar
    This video focuses on deleting the address book, but the same concept applies to deleting the calendar.

Step 4: (NOT LISTED ON THE RIM WEB SITE) After deleting your BlackBerry calendar, then you will need to re-sync your calendar using whatever means you normally use. Desktop Manager, PocketMac or Wireless Sync. We do have videos explaining how to setup the Desktop Manager sync available for all our customers. You can click here to learn more about our videos online or on CD.

After you get all the above done, your calendar alarms should work fine.

Sincerely,

Martin Trautschold
    CEO and Founder
    BlackBerry Made Simple
    BlackBerryGuy.com

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

E!
    E! no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: SOLUTION: BlackBerry 8800 Series/8300 Curve Calendar Issues

Thanks! Worked great.