Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~ Everyone in this thread is entitled to their own opinions. If someone ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Everyone in this thread is entitled to their own opinions. If someone is not happy with what has been said, they have the right to say so.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Ladies and gentlemen please let's not fight with each other. We're not the ones to blame. If you don't want to read what previous people have shared then don't reply. I simply started this thread to see who else was planning on leaving RIM because of that asinine comment and the way we the consumers are being treated. If you feel otherwise please don't bother on commenting or putting someone on the spot please. This is our home and we don't want to fight with one another. So, let's proceed politely...Thank you Archer for your thorough explanation on why you have made the switch. Perhaps, I should look into Android devices. I haven't played with one yet but I'm interested.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Everyone in this thread is entitled to their own opinions. If someone is not happy with what has been said, they have the right to say so.

Sorry for the double post. Lost connection for a bit.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I personally have no "love" for RIM. They make good devices, and I use them. Simple.

I've used a plethora of other devices, and so far Blackberrys fulfill my needs the best. If you have a problem with what Balsillie said, so be it. ALL devices have quirks, and all companies make mistakes. Balsillie's statement kind of sounded like a no brainer to me.. stupid, but realistic.

So if you find a device that works better for you, GREAT! I'm happy for you. I've owned a TON of devices from different companies, and I've gotten to play around with many more. I'm not going to ditch my Blackberry just because of what one dude says, regardless of who that dude is. If I find a device that suits me better and does what I need it to do better than my current phone does, THEN I shall switch.

Find a device that suits you well and use it. If it gives you problems or it's just not right for you, look elesewhere.

Btw, this is not aimed at anyone. And Raton, Android is a good operating system.. I haven't used it in at least a month, but back then, it still had some building to do. I don't have any doubt that it will be a strong contender one day, though. Just wait until some other manufacturers start pushing out Android devices. As it stands, the only widely available Android device (G1) is pretty mediocre.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    wow guys,
    things got pretty heated, be well everyone.
    the only thing I have to say is my 8330 is the best phone I've ever owned, no need to give it up.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Yes they do listen and that's why they flipped off the BlackBerry users yesterday to make it clear that they are in charge.

However there are a lot of people in denial and programmed to think that they live or die by the BlackBerry. Many of those same people deep in denial say things like "oh he didn't really mean it" or "poor man was simply having a moment". Behavior from BB users that is very Apple Cult like. Excuse me but where do I go to drink the cool-aide?

So for the sake of conversation, let's ignore what was said. Let's just look at how poorly the devices are performing. Ahh yes the followers have great excuses for that to. Oh how wonderful it is, how nice of them to produce all these OS versions for us. Just yesterday I spent the entire day on my BlackBerry and it was so much fun. Oh and by the way I cannot wait to waste several more days of my life doing the same mundane task over and over, I have no life anyway...... oh really?

As RIM laughs while riding in the same limo as Apple, all the way to the bank....
    I was hoping they did watch the Stacks, that's why I've made the effort to post my results of using the Storm. The Curve was the last BB I had, and I never had any issues with it. I never installed the betas because it always worked like I wanted it. I installed 4.5 when it came out for HTML emails.

Granted, it wasn't until the Storm that I started installing beta OS's. Because the Blackberry does truly fulfill my business requirements and needs, I was simply trying to help make it better in hopes that they did turn to the true users to put themselves one step ahead of the rest.

I like the Storm and thought it was in my best interest to help with development of a great new product. I don't waste time on my Storm, and if I need to downgrade, it's a matter of a few minutes while I'm working on something else. Yes, it's a luxury I have being the IT Manager where I'm at, but I'm also very busy and don't have time for BS.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

EDIT: I'm not in any way arguing with you archer, FYI, just clarifying why I was wondering if RIM paid attention to this site or not.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 01-27-2009 at 11:56 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    I just pin'd Jim and told him he's not invited to my birthday party now.

He didn't take it well.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Never will, I don't have a reason to!!!!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow I wonder if I'm cross-eyed? I thought that the thead was for people who were LEAVING.... But over 85% of anyone that's posted here is STAYING!!!
    While we're at it why don't we post if were going on vacation this year... Now what that means is, if you're NOT going on vacation please say so!!
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    Wow I wonder if I'm cross-eyed? I thought that the thead was for people who were LEAVING.... But over 85% of anyone that's posted here is STAYING!!!
    While we're at it why don't we post if were going on vacation this year... Now what that means is, if you're NOT going on vacation please say so!!
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, Lat. You know how people are. You ask a question and you get both sides of the story. Don't be too critical - it's human nature and there's no harm in either view.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Just like I said in J llama's thread... If we could only build our own Cell Phones you know. For instance, when I purchase a pc I never buy it built. I pick whatever processor, memory card, video card, case, OS, etc.... and build it myself. Most pcs come built to meet your needs according to the manufacturers so you have no saying on what you exactly want from your machine. Why settle for what someone else thinks I need. I'll pick what I want damn it!. I feel the cell phone industry's also following this same path. It'll be just a matter of time.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    We don't care if you all share your opinions but do not make it personal. Beat the crap out of RIM if you want, chew 'em up and spit 'em out but do not attack each other. This is a forum and we do not have to agree and can make our opinions known, but the rules of this forum are that users are not permitted to disrespect one another or make it personal. And yes we do think that calling happy/loyal BB users Jonestownesque kool aid drinking cult members can definitely be taken personally.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    there is no way i will ever give up my blackberry, it does everything i could ever want and it is by far the greatest mobile device i have ever had
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Arrrgghhh.. I need a drink! Wait, I don't drink...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast