Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Well, I guess I have no choice but to also hang ... General Blackberry forum

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Well, I guess I have no choice but to also hang onto my beloved and yes very capable and sturdy 8310. If it aint broken, why replace it? I'll just order me a new housing and the atomic trackball . Besides, I love making my own custom themes and I know I'll go nuts looking at the AT&T stock theme on my device. Thank you all for smacking some sense into me. I was so close to going to purchase one of those things .
    I was mentioning to someone yesterday that I think I got my 8100 (my first BB) during a sweetspot - it was new enough to have some of the media features I wanted, but not so new to have problems some of the new generation of phones are having.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a 81xx, 83xx or 88xx BB to a friend, but don't have enough confidence in the latest devices to do the same.

Supposedly when OS 5 comes out it's going to support the older generation of devices, though how that works out in reality is another thing - 4.5 seemed to put quite a strain on the device resources...

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanx for your comments ppl, but i belive the question was "who is LEAVING" not "who is STAYING"

and i believe my pearl was long outdated before i got it.
    i really wanted a STORM but after i played with it, yeah um not so FUN, then i played with an APPLE IPHONE and i was IMPRESSED and IMPRESSED!!!
    Whats The Matter???
    Can't You See I'm WORKING Here!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    RIM, paying any attention here? I hope so! I don't know how many are planning to leave you but ANY is not good.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    never!! And you can't make me!!!
    Noooooooo!
    ~via bb (wap.pinstack.com)~
    lmao!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I've always wondered if RIM pays attention to the stacks....I guess I've hoped they do, that's why I continue to post my findings.

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    It would appear archer6, you read right ARCHER6, is bailing on RIM

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I've always wondered if RIM pays attention to the stacks
    Yes they do listen and that's why they flipped off the BlackBerry users yesterday to make it clear that they are in charge.

However there are a lot of people in denial and programmed to think that they live or die by the BlackBerry. Many of those same people deep in denial say things like "oh he didn't really mean it" or "poor man was simply having a moment". Behavior from BB users that is very Apple Cult like. Excuse me but where do I go to drink the cool-aide?

So for the sake of conversation, let's ignore what was said. Let's just look at how poorly the devices are performing. Ahh yes the followers have great excuses for that to. Oh how wonderful it is, how nice of them to produce all these OS versions for us. Just yesterday I spent the entire day on my BlackBerry and it was so much fun. Oh and by the way I cannot wait to waste several more days of my life doing the same mundane task over and over, I have no life anyway...... oh really?

As RIM laughs while riding in the same limo as Apple, all the way to the bank....

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    *puts on conductor's hat*

allllll aboard. the archer cynical express is pulling out at 6:45 ;oP

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    It would appear archer6, you read right ARCHER6, is bailing on RIM
    I know he's left RIM behind, but I dunno if I'd call it bailing. I never would've put up with having to go through 5 Bold's to get a 6th one that worked...and he was still defending RIM then.

If Jim B had shown a different attitude I'm sure Archer would've been happy to stick around, but if you feel your loyalty is unappreciated and the device isn't living up to your expectations, why stay?

Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    thanx for your comments ppl, but i belive the question was "who is LEAVING" not "who is STAYING"

and i believe my pearl was long outdated before i got it.
    i really wanted a STORM but after i played with it, yeah um not so FUN, then i played with an APPLE IPHONE and i was IMPRESSED and IMPRESSED!!!
    I don't know if I'm going to leave just yet. There's some things about the BB's I like, but there are also many limitations. I may have to revert to what I was doing before I got a BB - carry around a 'dumb' cellphone and a laptop and wait for a device to get made that is capable of everything I need.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    sheesh
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Archer, there are over 40 posts in this thread, the majority of which make it clear that many people don't hold the same disdain and cynicism towards RIM right now that you do. You most certainly have a right to your opinion, but is it really necessary to address those who don't share your opinion in such a condescending manner?

How does it look now that Pinstack broadened its scope by including other smart phones in its forums. Not bad, eh?

from Archer6: "As RIM laughs while riding in the same limo as Apple, all the way to the bank...."

RIM better be paying attention. They have a lot of faithful fans but if this continues, look out! THese are competitive (and difficult) times we live in and it's not going away in a few months. It's going to be a while longer IMO....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Archer, there are over 40 posts in this thread, the majority of which make it clear that many people don't hold the same disdain and cynicism towards RIM right now that you do. You most certainly have a right to your opinion, but is it really necessary to address those who don't share your opinion in such a condescending manner?

Well, Cat, there are those of use who still love BB and RIM and want to be loved back. It's gonna be interesting to see if RIM comes across and offers its fans some love. I'm not going anywhere but it looks like we have users who will switch at the drop of a hat (or comment.) I still think RIM needs to pay attention to this. These things have a way of getting out of hand, even tho they may represent a minority - I'm not saying that it does but I think it does at this point.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    hey rogro said it...i just 'ed him

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast