Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

So, after reading that asinine comment from RIM's own co-CEO James Laurence Balsillie who's made ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Post So, who else is planning on leaving RIM as whole?

Advertisement

So, after reading that asinine comment from RIM's own co-CEO James Laurence Balsillie who's made up their mind and look elswhere? I'm actually considering on getting that HTCTouchPro. I'm still debating. I've never been so confused as I am now . Your thoughts...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Love my Bold and sticking with it!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm guessing he's going to get a little talking to about his comments. I can't imagine RIM shooting themselves like that.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcif View Post
    Love my Bold and sticking with it!
    Same here...not getting rid of it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Given the massive interest from Pinstackers for the earliest Beta versions of the device software, I don't see any one really leaving. And If you haven't realized that what he said is true, you really don't know what error free software is. For the last Several new models of most smartphones the device software his been either buggy or missing features. Think about it.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I understand that wasn't the wisest comment that the CEO of a large corporation could make. That being said, what is everyone that leaves going to get? I don't think after owning a Blackberry that I would be satisfied with another device. I'm not switching, for me there's nothing to switch to. Just one man's opinion. ~via 9000 (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, I have loved my 8330 Curve since the 1st minute it was in my hands. I loved my 8130 Pearl as well except for the lower memory. I am craving a new device. One minute I want the Storm, the next I'm not so sure its a good idea. I'm torn. I know I don't want a windows mobile device nor an iPhone. I know nothing about android but just may start looking. But for now I'm sticking with my faithful, functional Curve. She's only 7 months old but has been heavily used and slightly abused. She's about to get a new keyboard and faceplate. Maybe a BB that looks like new will keep me content for a few more months while I watch and see what happens in the future with RIM's devices and the functionality and stability of their software.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    So, after reading that asinine comment from RIM's own co-CEO James Laurence Balsillie who's made up their mind and look elswhere? I'm actually considering on getting that HTCTouchPro. I'm still debating. I've never been so confused as I am now . Your thoughts...

Well my thoughs are NOT TO LEAVE RIM.

Ok, the OS on my 9000 is buggy. But not as buggy as WinMobile, PalmOS, or the iPhoneOS. You can't get a 100% bugfree OS. Thats for sure. Sad bud sure.

And I guess that there will follow a big discussion internal RIM about that statements as mentioned here in the thread.

My 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Despite his tactless comments, end of the day I'm not going anywhere. RIM is still the best out there and I'm very excited about my 8900 that's shipping out to me. I'm not going to use a inferior product to spite a particular RIM exec. The HTC Touch Pro looks like a solid handset, 6.1 on the other hand is not. I know there's the option to run that blackberry shell program (the name escapes me at the moment), but end of the day it's still running over WM and if I were to go that far, I might as well just stick with what I have.

My opinion, go with the best product.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Just bought a pristine 8310 from a friend for a backup in order to insure that I've got an excellent handset until RIM releases Magnum, which better not have a buried trackball, or I'll pass that up too.
    Irregardless, you won't find anything in my hand but Blackberry
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    It was a stupid thing to say for a CEO, but I think you'll probably find that among most OSes and devices. With the devices become increasingly complex with all the features users are clamoring for and the media blitzkrieg we all see regarding new devices, there is tremendous pressure on the companies (who have a duty to their stockholders) to release devices at an accelerated rate to compete with other companies, all in the name of the almighty dollar (or whatever currency). Sadly, this is almost always going to be at the expense of the consumer.

I think it probably could have been worded correctly, and I don't think it was the proper thing to say when asked point blank why a device in question has so many issues, but I agree with the basic concept. As we (consumers) drive things to become increasingly more complex, there are going to be more bugs in the software that drives those things. I agree that in most cases, 100% bug free software (at least software that does a myriad of things like most OSes do nowadays) is a thing of the past. At least as long as humans make the code behind the software.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm not going anywhere either. I'm on my second Crimson 8310 in two years (sold my old one to another Stacker, just cuz I wanted a new one 'til I decide what's next). I know this device inside and out, have tweaked it to where I'm extremely happy with it, and it just plain works.

Don't have the funds to go out and buy whatever the flavor of the day is, nor do I have the patience or time that I've put into my trusty Curve to do the same on something else.

kalel434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tell u what, I left my bb for a moto just cause I thougt for a second that I don't need all this technology an that I would be fine with a basic phone but u know what I was wrong all good companies that r worth a damn make mistakes but its how u bounce back from them is what defines them I love my storm an I love my bb rim took a step back an now we have to c how they make that leap forward (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Given the massive interest from Pinstackers for the earliest Beta versions of the device software, I don't see any one really leaving. And If you haven't realized that what he said is true, you really don't know what error free software is. For the last Several new models of most smartphones the device software his been either buggy or missing features. Think about it.

Rcbjr

Thank GOD I've been saying that since everyone was complaining about everything from the get go! LOL! It all started with the Pearl and the Curve...complain complain complain...you can't please the consumer though, EVER
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Im not going anywhere because of what some idiot ceo says. Im more than sure that his comments are not the reflection of RIM as a whole. My curve has its share of flaws also, but i still wouldnt give it up.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast