For the last few days I have been trying out the htc touch, I wanted ... General Blackberry forum

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

So I tried a windows mobile phone touch 6900

Advertisement

For the last few days I have been trying out the htc touch, I wanted to see how one stacked up to a blackberry first hand. Although there is a few nice features in the touch. There is no comparison!!! Typing is worse than sucky, it is the hardest device to navigate around. Constant freezeing and lags and on and on and on! I am reactivating my BB! And I dont think I will ever change again! oh yeah one more thing trying to get help on some wm forums, yeah right, I was treated like a idiot for asking a question.

BL86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207BE7BC
    go for the bold =p

Spencer_Moore no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    For the last few days I have been trying out the htc touch, I wanted to see how one stacked up to a blackberry first hand. Although there is a few nice features in the touch. There is no comparison!!! Typing is worse than sucky, it is the hardest device to navigate around. Constant freezeing and lags and on and on and on! I am reactivating my BB! And I dont think I will ever change again! oh yeah one more thing trying to get help on some wm forums, yeah right, I was treated like a idiot for asking a question.
    i had the opposite feeling i was a major member over at PPCGEEKS and when i got my bb noone would help me with anything...i jsut had to learn it myself

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
    i had the opposite feeling i was a major member over at PPCGEEKS and when i got my bb noone would help me with anything...i jsut had to learn it myself
    You're at PinStack now. Ask away.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have a cdma carrier so can't get the bold. I am just going to get a curve for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BL86 View Post
    go for the bold =p

ekinwang no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do you have sprnt joe?

I was looking at the diamond before settling for the BB. Main reason being I email and txt a lot, and havng a keyboard is great. I tried out the curve and pearl, but even those were hard for me. The curve reminded me of my old treo keyboard... Now the 8703... The keyboard is a beauty!!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    LOL! I guess you learned your lesson.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yes heavy, lesson learned lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    LOL! I guess you learned your lesson.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I've had so many different wm devices. But I always came back to bb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    For the last few days I have been trying out the htc touch, I wanted to see how one stacked up to a blackberry first hand..
    Nothing wrong with trying another device with a different OS & UI. I do it all the time just for the experience, and to keep up to date with what's happening with the competition. What I've found as an additional benefit, is that it reminds me (once again) how great a BlackBerry is.
    As far as your carrier is concerned, I would get a Curve. I've had all the BlackBerry models in the last few years & find the Curve my favorite. You will notice I did not say "the best" because everyone has different needs & preferences. Also, there is no perfect phone as they all must be a compromise of sorts. Thus I choose to use the one that's closest to perfect for me, and adapt to it. Mindset really is everything. I find that when I sit back, slow down, be open minded & give it a chance, I end up enjoying most all the BlackBerry models. Its just for me, like everyone else, I end up with a favorite. At the end of the day, that favorite is the Curve.
    sent via BlackBerry
    There is a certain beauty in simplicity...

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome back to the BB realm! I ran WM devices for years, I thought it was normal to have lag when surfing mobile web and when running prgms. Got a BB and never looked back. I love my Pearl & Curve. The Curve is my fav!

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    As a wm nut I have had every wm phone out. The 6900 is a horrible phone its only decent once you do the rom update to 6.1 and change the blasted keyboard.

Here is a short list on why I always will stay with a wm device. There customized to the user. And there is a huge selection of software to fit your everydays needs/wants. The diamond is going to be a nice phone even the touch pro shoot even the hd touch. With Rim and windows making the up and coming software on the HTC's devices there should be less issues with the OS

Number one thing that pisses me off with a blackberry how do you call 800pickups or 800gofedex....

How can you do registry edits to change stupid software settings?

How can you play youtube videos?

How come you can't type and search thru your emails without actually doing a search?

There is a bunch that a blackberry can't do. Truthfully blackberries are know to be a stable/reliable phone that pushes emails.

Ps I wud have to agree with Spencer_Moore*one my 1st pda's was a blackberry now I was an active member here in 2006 came back recently and the friendly helpful users seem to be gone. I honestly don't know if I'm going to keep recommending this site to new bb'ers. Either someone ignores your post or takes 5days to give you a simple answer. I am a member at xda,pdageeks,treo central and a few other forms and I never experience this there.

Forgot to add what did you want ?s did you have about the phone I can prob answers them... And NO joe once u ride a yam a gixxer feels like ur riding a ham yamaha R6 now R1 stutting like I'm paid to do it!! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by azstar; 09-27-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: double post

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Ur lost, wm is the worst out there, I would use an N95 over and wm device, the lagg is past bad, and as far as the R1 gose, my 06 GSXR 1000 will eat u, cheers to bb's!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Joe where u live, we should ride sometime. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    as far as the R1 gose, my 06 GSXR 1000 will eat u, cheers to bb's!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'll join you, my Factory Works Ducati 999r Fila SuperBike (not a replica) should be able to keep up... I think...