Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iPhone is for people who love there iPods and want to combine the ... General Blackberry forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: So I went to the darkside...

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iPhone is for people who love there iPods and want to combine the phone with iPod so they won't have to carry 2 gadgets, that's all. People who own bb's are more professional people who do much more then listen to music. Light always beats dark so welcome back to the light side, young bb jedi. iPhone is a cute toy and only a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    I have no problems with my Chocolate phone. It operates a bit differently than most. Why is it almost un-usable?
    Well, relatively speaking when compared to the PIM functions on a BB. My BB keeps me organized with it's advanced calendar/memo features, plus it's wonderful flexibility with the address book. On the calendar, I can insert appointments and reminders with wonderful detail, add notes, have them repeat with any regularity, can have Task functions appear on it, etc. Possibilities are endless. On a Chocolate, there is not nearly the "userability" in the calendar function. Without getting into specifics, every other PIM function on a Chocolate is very "underdeveloped" when compared to a BB. So for me, the Chocolate is unusable. I used a Chocolate for a short period of time about 8 months ago, and if memory serves it only kept 10 previous calls in it's call records (I may be wrong about the amount); with a BB you can keep calls virtually forever, which is important for me in regards accountability. On a BBs phone call logs, I can add notes and do searches; so it is possible for me to say to an employee "Yes, John, I called you on April 22 of this year at 4:35pm to ask you about . . .". Also, SMS records can be kept virtually forever, too.
    A RAZR? A comparason? Sure everyone got one due to the size, but what about when the keypad dies in those things after a year? That's un-usable.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In my experience, a RAZR is quite stable and fairly high quality. I've been buying/selling them on Ebay for some time now, and one of my daughters owns one now, and we haven't had any difficulty with the keyboard. The Motorola's OS that is used on the RAZR is the same that is on the old V300, V330, V180, V188, etc. etc. is really quite practical, although not as advanced as a BB. The one thing that drives me crazy, though, is they don't give you an option to sound an alarm at the exact time for a calendar entry; it's "5 minutes before" or longer, so I set the time for the appointment 5 minutes after the start so the alarm will ring at the right time

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

Mark, you say you can keep call logs for ever. I'm on a pearl and it only keeps the last 20 numbers dialed. Sure it let's me see the history on that contact, but what happens when it gets off the list? Is there any way to increase the number?

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoCepeda
    Mark, you say you can keep call logs for ever. I'm on a pearl and it only keeps the last 20 numbers dialed. Sure it let's me see the history on that contact, but what happens when it gets off the list? Is there any way to increase the number?

I've never used a Pearl, but I've always assumed it's capabilities are the same as previous BBs. Open "Call Log" to get to the dialing screen; open the menu; choose "Options"; choose "Call Logging"; then select "All Calls" from the list. Then, from the home screen, open "Messages"; choose "Options"; choose "General Options"; then choose "Keep Messages" and select "Forever". With these options set, your device should keep your call logs until you manually delete them. To view, choose "Messages" (not Call Log). To view without wading through SMS and Emails, choose "Messages", open the menu, choose "View Folder" and go from there.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Well, relatively speaking when compared to the PIM functions on a BB. My BB keeps me organized with it's advanced calendar/memo features, plus it's wonderful flexibility with the address book. On the calendar, I can insert appointments and reminders with wonderful detail, add notes, have them repeat with any regularity, can have Task functions appear on it, etc. Possibilities are endless. On a Chocolate, there is not nearly the "userability" in the calendar function. Without getting into specifics, every other PIM function on a Chocolate is very "underdeveloped" when compared to a BB. So for me, the Chocolate is unusable. I used a Chocolate for a short period of time about 8 months ago, and if memory serves it only kept 10 previous calls in it's call records (I may be wrong about the amount); with a BB you can keep calls virtually forever, which is important for me in regards accountability. On a BBs phone call logs, I can add notes and do searches; so it is possible for me to say to an employee "Yes, John, I called you on April 22 of this year at 4:35pm to ask you about . . .". Also, SMS records can be kept virtually forever, too.In my experience, a RAZR is quite stable and fairly high quality. I've been buying/selling them on Ebay for some time now, and one of my daughters owns one now, and we haven't had any difficulty with the keyboard. The Motorola's OS that is used on the RAZR is the same that is on the old V300, V330, V180, V188, etc. etc. is really quite practical, although not as advanced as a BB. The one thing that drives me crazy, though, is they don't give you an option to sound an alarm at the exact time for a calendar entry; it's "5 minutes before" or longer, so I set the time for the appointment 5 minutes after the start so the alarm will ring at the right time
    I see what you are saying, I don't fully use the PIM features on the chocolate phone. My primary uses are phone, and mp3 player. I guess it can't organize my life like my BB. But don't most phones feel underdeveloped compared to the BB? I'll dig into the PIM functions more and see what it can and can't do, but its probably not designed to be a one stop PIM manager, I've always had my BB for that.

I see what you are saying, I don't fully use the PIM features on the chocolate phone. My primary uses are phone, and mp3 player. I guess it can't organize my life like my BB. But don't most phones feel underdeveloped compared to the BB? I'll dig into the PIM functions more and see what it can and can't do, but its probably not designed to be a one stop PIM manager, I've always had my BB for that.
    True. BlackBerries and LG Chocolates are different devices with different purposes, both of which happen to have a phone. It's probably not fair to either to compare side-by-side. PIM functions of the BB lead me to pronounce the LG as "un-usable", but on the other hand my 17 year-old daughter, who is the current owner of the Chocolate I mentioned above, sneers at my 7105 with the words: "It doesn't even have a camera?!? EW!!

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9

Well after 3 calls to CS I am officially back!! Sorta. My data plan is supposed to become active at 3am PST. Time will tell if I have to call back tomorrow morning.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Oh no! "You guys are bashing the other phones that's not fair"! If I spent my money on that CRAP I have the right to voice my opinion! Sasha, why not get rid of your BB and get the chocolate? Because its trash in comparison that's why! Its not bashing if its true! You must sell them or something.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Ok rdills, let's cool it and keep the thread where the OP started it please.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13
    Well after 3 calls to CS I am officially back!! Sorta. My data plan is supposed to become active at 3am PST. Time will tell if I have to call back tomorrow morning.
    welcome back, we knew you would return like the prodigal son hope you didnt miss the BB too much.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    OK, because YOU dont like them doesn't make the garbage. Thank GOODNESS you all are only focused on phones right now. I'd hate to see what would happen if you focused your thinking elsewhere.
    Actually they are garbage. The MOTORAZR and the LG Chocolate were the #1 and #2 most DOA'd phones at my stores. The Chocolates touch pad would crap out, or the screen would go white. And the RAZR, don't even get me started there.
    I'm pretty sure every single Chocolate we sold, came back DOA or in need of repair within 3 months.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx
    Actually they are garbage. The MOTORAZR and the LG Chocolate were the #1 and #2 most DOA'd phones at my stores. The Chocolates touch pad would crap out, or the screen would go white. And the RAZR, don't even get me started there.
    I'm pretty sure every single Chocolate we sold, came back DOA or in need of repair within 3 months.
    So true!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12