Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thats a great idea. I am in support of back up to a memory stick ... General Blackberry forum

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3

Thats a great idea. I am in support of back up to a memory stick on the device, not on RIM server. No way my full info lugging around on RIM server. My email is good enough. With the idea of backing up on the Memory stick there are additional security features to be consider like a way to encrypt/decrypt the back up file.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Does info stay encrypted or can it be leaked to guest PC? I would like to know this if possible. My work has Hi-tech, techs on staff...don't want any nerds getting my info.(CAT Inc.) I know I can encrypt card to device only, but how does this affect this situation. You are the teacher, I am but the student. Any tips helpful....

I don't know the answer to that. I've just realized that I could backup the BB on the media card from another thread and, although I've backed it up to the media card, I have NOT tried a restore from another P-C. We have experts on Pinstack who probably know the answer - I'll see if I can locate one and get an answer for you.

In the mean time, if anyone comes up with it, post it in here. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerswireless View Post
    I love DM as much as the next person, but like I said it would be convenient for when you find you need to backup/restore and you don't have access to DM.

I like the OTA idea. It would probably be a lot easier. I know Rogers has something like that called Mobile Backup. I think the next version of BIS should have this feature.
    thats the only this i miss from the sideick is the desktop interface since it con stantly backed up all my stuff OTA
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me:)
    BB's can already backup OTA...It's their flagship product called BES

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12