as soon as i got the pearl from ebay i went in and restored all ... General Blackberry forum

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

so i got a pearl from ebay ...

Advertisement

as soon as i got the pearl from ebay i went in and restored all the factory settings (options>security settings>general>wipe handheld) ... but i just activated the internet feature with tmobile and now i am getting a bunch of MySpace emails for the previous user .... any ideas on how to make this stop?!

... i am also having an issue getting signed into any IM programs like google talk (i get a 302 error) ... and the AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/ICQ service that the bb came with .... any ideas there either?

thanks in advance for any help that you can give - i worked for tmobile for 2 years, so im not quite a noob, this is just frustrating the crap out of me

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: so i got a pearl from ebay ...

sounds like the previous user didn't release his/her PIN. not sure how to get that fixed. maybe call tmo? have you tried setting up your BIS account yet?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

First off, do you have BIS or BES as your data plan?

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

I just replaced my bb pearl and had to goto my.tmobile.com (I think its under communications and email setup) to switch the pin assigned to my account. perhaps you need to do that.

BReady

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Give customer service a call and ask to speak with the Blackberry Data Support group. They will be able to release the PIN/IMEI for you. Then the device will be able to be used on your account with your info.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Right -- you wont' be able to tie a BIS account with the Blackberry until TMO removes the prior BIS account associated with that Blackberry.

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

ah - thanks guys - i actually knew that deep in the recesses of my brain ... i guess it just didnt dawn on me that i needed to get that PIN cleared. I do have the data package on my acct - and my googletalk/AIM just started working ... just took longer than normal to activate i guess