Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can just call up and say (up to twice a year from my understanding) ... General Blackberry forum

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3

So Basically! Since phone is under warranty for a year..

Advertisement

You can just call up and say (up to twice a year from my understanding) that something is wrong with the phone and they will send you a new one.
    Ofcourse its not entirely ethical,,bu they they dont offer insurance shoot, seems only fair, that after 3 months, i may want a new one if i have and scratches or anything..(say if i dropped it and my headphines dont work properly anymore, shhh) get a new one and transfer everything that i backed up right? or am i being a very bad person.

I could just say..hmm keeps restarting when i make calls but only once in a while,,and ofcourse they would say "sounds like an operating system error" and then tell me to try a reinstall..and ofcourse i would say i did and same thing and low and behold i get a new CURVE (scratch free and headphones working) in 2 days..I mean..if I were to do that right? (looks around nervously)

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    what provider are you talking about?

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    you know, i had a thread talking about this kind of stuff.

honestly, i dont think it is unethical. there is much more going on to worry about this.

i would say do it if you want, i might sooner or later... that's just because i want a newer looking curve... and they will just fix mine up for someone else.

i am ready to see what people say about this.

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually i just did. Dang and they gave me no problem at all.. i guess especially since it is under my jobs account they just apologized and said they were sending out the phone ASAP.
    now..lets hope there are no snitches on here...joke. i love everyone.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I have no problem with people calling and saying "Hey, this just stopped working"...if it's true, and the device just did it of it's own accord, not because it was dropped/got wet/stepped on....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I did last year with TMo. My first 2 Pearls just up and went into rebooting loops. Had new Pearls up to 10 days later. The 3rd one only came free with 7 day shipping.

PIN/ID
    i think he is going along the lines that nothing is actually wrong with his phone, right?

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    It's clearly "unethical". It exploits the system and we're all aware of that. Ha ha That's why he's "nervously looking around". LOL
    Regardless, if there's a loophole in the system, then somebody's going to exploit it. I know I returned my first pearl after 3wks b/c the trackball was garbage!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    All of you that "returned it" I am assuming had legit reasons....no probs with legit reasons...it's the unethical stuff that sucks...just makes it harder for those with REAL problems to get their phone switched out!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    i think people have a weird misconception of ethics these days...

ethics isn't necessarily just right and wrong... it's about what is making the guy satisfied...

i mean, i don't think any of us can sit here and say "this is completely unethical"...

because, if you look at your life... and you are living a perfectly "ethical" life, you are probably a liar.

and if he doesn't feel bad for doing it, then it is his right to do it, and tmobile or at&t doesnt have a problem with it obviously because it is taking place... they could have more restrictions to exchanging phones, but they don't because they dont want to bother it.

point being... all of us live our lives how we live our lives, and everyone's definition of "ethical" is obviously different.

one of my favorite quotes: "to each: his own." i am sure many have done stuff worse.

and if it helps him sleep through the night that his phone is now in better condition, then i am happy his life is more fulfilled.

PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    All of you that "returned it" I am assuming had legit reasons....no probs with legit reasons...it's the unethical stuff that sucks...just makes it harder for those with REAL problems to get their phone switched out!
    *hand over heart* Boy Scouts Honour!

Really though.... trackball was garbage and I didn't think anything of it till my friend showed me hers-- talk about NIGHT & DAY!

But it's true, when people take advantage of an "honesty" system, then it ruins the experience for others.
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    i think people have a weird misconception of ethics these days...

ethics isn't necessarily just right and wrong... it's about what is making the guy satisfied...

i mean, i don't think any of us can sit here and say "this is completely unethical"...

because, if you look at your life... and you are living a perfectly "ethical" life, you are probably a liar.

and if he doesn't feel bad for doing it, then it is his right to do it, and tmobile or at&t doesnt have a problem with it obviously because it is taking place... they could have more restrictions to exchanging phones, but they don't because they dont want to bother it.

point being... all of us live our lives how we live our lives, and everyone's definition of "ethical" is obviously different.

one of my favorite quotes: "to each: his own." i am sure many have done stuff worse.

and if it helps him sleep through the night that his phone is now in better condition, then i am happy his life is more fulfilled.
    Well now you're just debating the depth of the definition of "ethics". We won't get into that--that's another post.

Regardless, he exposed a loophole in the system and "lied" about what was wrong with his BB to get another one--therefore: unethical.

Regardless, you're right--people exploit MANY LARGER things on a daily basis...this is minor.
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

Nullmagus no está en línea Stack level 1
    You know if you pull this stuff with Verizon they just send you a refurbished phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Hell yeah--that'll fix the "loophole". LOL
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PIN/ID
    i agree completely...

but it just makes me aggravated... like i said i thought about sending mine back just telling them something was wrong with it... but i changed my mind...

it was having a problem the other week with network reception, but i did application loader and all is well now...

i just don't want this guy to think he has anything to be nervous about... you are human and you are making the right decision for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast