Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry my brain might still be asleep today, but how do I send an sms ... General Blackberry forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

sms to all contacts

Advertisement

Sorry my brain might still be asleep today, but how do I send an sms to all my contacts??????????

Something so simple is driving me insane.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: sms to all contacts

Do you have your contacts "Grouped"? That's the only way I can think of. Do you know how to "Add to Group"?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

no i dont know... but can I add them all to a group at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Sorry my brain might still be asleep today, but how do I send an sms to all my contacts??????????

Something so simple is driving me insane.
    Unfortunately, the "group" option only works with emails, not SMS. On OS versions 4.0 and older, you have to send the SMS once; then after it is sent, you have to find the sent message in your "Messages" area, click the trackwheel and choose "Forward" and send them to the rest of your contacts one by one. On OS versions 4.1 and newer, when you compose your SMS there is a menu option to "Add Recipient" where you can add people. However, you still have to add each recipient one-by-one, and then when you finally send it the Berry will send each message one-by-one, and that takes all freaking day. You've hit on one of BBs weak spots, me thinks ---

only26dude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

It's simple, just add groups

Quote Originally Posted by only26dude View Post
    It's simple, just add groups
    I think Groups only works with emails --

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Unfortunately, the "group" option only works with emails, not SMS. On OS versions 4.0 and older, you have to send the SMS once; then after it is sent, you have to find the sent message in your "Messages" area, click the trackwheel and choose "Forward" and send them to the rest of your contacts one by one. On OS versions 4.1 and newer, when you compose your SMS there is a menu option to "Add Recipient" where you can add people. However, you still have to add each recipient one-by-one, and then when you finally send it the Berry will send each message one-by-one, and that takes all freaking day. You've hit on one of BBs weak spots, me thinks ---
    I just used a group yesterday to send an SMS message, it does work, at least on a VZW 8830 :-) which is good, 'cause the GPS and MMS doesn't... lol

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I think Groups only works with emails --
    I got sms also...Pearl.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I just used a group yesterday to send an SMS message, it does work, at least on a VZW 8830 :-) which is good, 'cause the GPS and MMS doesn't... lol

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have SMS groups!

Quote Originally Posted by kermalou View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have SMS groups!
    Good! I'm thinking that groups for SMS is something in newer Berrys then, my old units just sit there and laugh at you if you ask for groups in anything other than email. I stand corrected, and also probably stand in need of a newer Berry!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I hate those mass-SMS messages. I get several of those stupid jokes sent. just wanna smack the person that created the "send to all" option on phones
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

ya its to let people know that I have a new phone number. I hate those jokes spams as well.

The groups things is still kind of silly because you have to add everyone into it dont know. Adding 500 people will take a while.

I see how it is not a real big deal because its not like you want to send mass messages all the time. Its just that it seems like it should be so simple because every phone I have ever had could do it.

It does sort of tie into one of my biggest dissapointments with the BB, which is that you cant delete more than one email at a time. Unless you delete every email in that day and prior. That is really stupid.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

to delete multiple emails just highlight the first one you wish, then hold down the shift key and scroll to the last one... it will highlight all in between.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    to delete multiple emails just highlight the first one you wish, then hold down the shift key and scroll to the last one... it will highlight all in between.

yes, but what about a few emails in between those that you dont want to delete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast