I am unable to send or receive SMS text messages. When I send, it appears ... General Blackberry forum

waid10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question SMS Text Problem - please help

Advertisement

I am unable to send or receive SMS text messages. When I send, it appears normal as though the message has been sent. However, the recipients never receive the messages. Also, friends are sending me SMS texts but I never get them.

I tried pulling the battery, but that didn't work. I tried sending an SMS to myself but I didn't receive that.

This is a new problem, as I was able to successfully send and receive SMS messages about a month ago.

Someone said to check to see if I have the SMS books on my BB. I don't really know what that means or how to check that.

The only messaging that works right now are PIN and BB Messenger. Please help.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi waid, they re fering to Service Books, From the device got to Options>Advanced Options> Host routing Table> Hight light the one lin that is in BOLD, this is usally in the middle, Hit the menu key and select register now, this will request the SBs form the RIM server. Ther other things to check are, Options>Security Optins>Firewall. And make sure nothing is blcokced, And Options>SMS Text> and makes sure the NW to send over is set to GSM.
    Hope this helps
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Thanks pda.teck. I performed the checks that you mentioned but it still isn't working. Any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    WOW, the only thing I could think of after that as far as the BB would be either a Reload of the OS or a Wipe of the device. Have you Called the Carrier to make sure it is not and Issues on your account? I have seen the system lose some ones ability on the back end at the carrier i work for.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I contacted AT&T. They mistakenly removed the text feature from my plan! They added it back and now it works.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Super sweet. I thought it had to be carrier when all the rest failed
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")