Ok another dump question. I just got my wife a 7100i but everytime I email ... General Blackberry forum

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile SMS/MMS and Email

Advertisement

Ok another dump question. I just got my wife a 7100i but everytime I email her she recieves a SMS first then she will get the email. Does anyone know what would cause that. If I wanted to SMS her I would use blackberry pin message (its free). Anyone else have that problem.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: SMS/MMS and Email

I think you're not clear on what you're doing. Email, SMS and PIN are three completely different things. How does she know that the message she receives first is SMS? What device does she have and how are you emailing her? Matters can get a bit complicated as every carrier has an email<->SMS gateway.

Hey takeshi, I probably wasn't clear. She has a 7100i Nextel like me, but if I email her at email@whatever.com, she will recieve a text message and the email. I don't know if this is being caused by the email server or what. Hopefully that clears things up a bit...

You can PIN me, since I will be on the road and not have access to the computer.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

gr8cop, I'm not sure what email addy you are using, but do you maybe have that account set up to send you a text message whenever you receive an email (useful for people without BB's)? I would check with your email settings on that account.

~via BB thanks for the advice I will check her settings.