Hi All, I have an 8707 from Vodafone (they provide their own "today screen" which ... General Blackberry forum

achundee no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS Message won't disappear from my front screen

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have an 8707 from Vodafone (they provide their own "today screen" which shows latest emails, forthcoming appointments), and I have a strange problem with it.

A friend sent me an SMS message, and it turned into a conversation backwards and forwards. I then went to delete all of the messages, and I have found that I cannot delete the last one he sent. If I look in my text message folders, the message is not there, but it still shows up on the front screen.

Has anyone got any ideas please? I have power-cycled the blackberry but it makes no difference.

Thanks!
    Ajoy.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SMS Message won't disappear from my front screen

Sounds similar to the SMS problem with Pocket Day. Something with the RIM OS, it can see SMS messages but not match them up to the SMS folder in the BB. Have you tried deleting the message from the home screen you are looking at?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

achundee no está en línea Stack level 1

When you click on the message with the click-wheel, rather than popping up a context-menu, it just opens it. It appears in full in the SMS folder, and you can THEN try to delete it, but it makes no difference.

However, I did reboot the device, and once it started up, the message had disappeared!

I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks!
    Ajoy.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Glad it went away. Sometimes the BB needs a restart. I am hard on mine
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I need to use ALT + CAP + DEL just about every day
    i'm always doing something to screw it up

squidius no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem with my 8830 WE

I get the same problem.

when I get some text / SMS messages it is fine, then all of sudden randomly someone will SMS Me and I will reply and I always delete my SMS messages because it is a work device, but once in a while like once a week, 2 messages will stay on my front screen - Basically the desktop view. Even though they are out of my message screen and not in SMS they still remain. To be honest, I have some pretty dirty friends and some of the messages blaring at any onlookers aren't the most polite!!! HELP HELP HELP...Reboot does F-all....

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Step 1. Don't delete your SMS messages immediately.
    Step 2. After reading a message, go back to the home screen to check and see if it is stuck in the Today preview slot.
    Step 3. If it is stuck, do the following:
    3a. go into your messages folder, open the menu and select "mark unopened" for the message that is stuck.
    3b. go back to the Today screen and click on the "messages" line. Not the message preview itself, but the actual word "messages" that takes you to your inbox.
    3c. reopen the message.

Now, the next time you go back to your Today screen, the preview should be gone. If it is, you can now safely delete to your hearts content.

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3
    that issue is known for all Vodafone skins.