hi everyone, just wanted to know if there's a limit to how many sms messages ... General Blackberry forum

pagal no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS limit

Advertisement

hi everyone,

just wanted to know if there's a limit to how many sms messages i can have in my inbox. i have more than 27MB free on the device but older messages (which i have backed up to the desktop) keep disappearing.

thanks.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    50 SMS is the limit. If your messages are dissappearing wasy before that you can change the limit by going to Options>SMS Text>Number Of Previous Items, and set it to 50. As long as you have the available memory you should be able to hold 50 at a time. Once 51 hits your Berry your number 1 will be lost.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Not on mine. I had close to 1000 sms texts in my message box. And I could see them all. And it didnt delete any. Maybe thats just me?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

pagal no está en línea Stack level 1
    nah, you are most likely correct chatster...
    justyn: previous items is for number of older items with one particular person to make is seem like a "conversation".

i have a bb8320 btw...with over 200 messages, only last few keep disappearing.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    OOOOHHHHH. Yeah you're right, I didn't understand the question at first but now I get it. I don't know then, normally it has to do with memory but it sounds like you have plenty...
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think the sms are controled by the "message" setting that has different options on when to essentially rotate your messages. I get a crap load of emails, so ihave 15 days of rotation set. On the 16th day, everything from day one disapears. (Just from my device that is)