hey.. my first posting as i have just got a Pearl here in the UK. ... General Blackberry forum

weagertron no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS, Email and Call Log Delete - HELP

Advertisement

hey..

my first posting as i have just got a Pearl here in the UK. My problem is that seemingly, at random, whilst the phone is just on my desk, it will delete all call logs, emails and text messages. I have gone through what seems like very menu option known to man but nothing seems to relate to what this could possibly be... I have call log on, messages to stay forever too. It has now happened about 4 times in the last week...

Anyone with any thoughts at all??

thanks

Richard

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: SMS, Email and Call Log Delete - HELP

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ive heard of this happening with the pearls. Unfortunatly i havent came upon a fix for this. im sorry i couldnt be more help

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

In the message folder, click the trackball, go to options, general options, then where it says keep messages... what does it say?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello weagertron, welcome to pinstack.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

weagertron, Welcome to PinStack.

I think this problem has to do with the memory filling up or at least becoming limited. One thing that will help this problem is to periodicly perform a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), and also clear the Log. To clear the log press an hold the ALT key while also pressing LGLG, then the from the Menu select Clear Log.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you mean from the Call Log screen hold the alt key and press the L & G buttons simultaneously??? That seems too complicated. I think I'm misunderstanding.

I have a 7130c and want to delete my Call Log, but can't figure out how to do it in one action. I've been deleting each call one by one. Ugh.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Lisa

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

potthoff, go into your messaage folder. clikc to bring up the menu and go to view folder. in there youll see your call log and everyother folder.

to delete all your call log, just click the wheel and go to delete prior when your at the top of the log

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Whats the status of this weagertron? Is it still deleting what you want to keep?

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks qlehman85! That worked.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

potthoff, I was talking about the error log that runs in background on the BB. Use the ALT+LGLG from the home screen to see it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ when viewing your messages, press ALT-P. (This will sort all of your phone call logs). Then, highlight the date, click and select "Delete Prior".

This will wipe out all of your phone call logs.

Has anybody experienced an issue in the BES environment with Phone Call Logs?? By default it only displays "Missed Calls". Most users don't know it is logging incoming and outgoing. These phone logs can build up over the course of 6 months to a year. If the end user loses or damages his device, when you go to provision a replacement, the BES will push down all of those phone logs.

I have seen one user with 7000 phone logs, and another with 11500.. Devices are taking 4 hours to provision wirelesly. I don't want to have to remove and readd the user to the BES to clear the phone logs out, unless absolutely neccessary.

So far, RIM doesn't have an answer. I would like the ability to set the BES to provision down only a set amount of phone logs. Or at least the option not to provision existing phone logs.

Anybody else, had this issue?

achesser no está en línea Stack level 1

this is the way to fix the problem. options>security options>content compression (enabled)

security options>memory cleaning (enable) and then set your setting for this.

enjoy