I have an 8830, and under 'Options', then 'SMS Text', I have the following: Disable ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

SMS Delivery Reports?

Advertisement

I have an 8830, and under 'Options', then 'SMS Text', I have the following:

Disable AutoText 'No"
    Delivery Reports 'On'
    Priority 'Normal'
    Service Center 'blank'
    Callback Number 'my number'
    Number of Previous Items '7'

What exactly are "Delivery Reports"? Should I leave it enabled? I am running on my corporate BES if that helps.

Re: SMS Delivery Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez
    I have an 8830, and under 'Options', then 'SMS Text', I have the following:

Disable AutoText 'No"
    Delivery Reports 'On'
    Priority 'Normal'
    Service Center 'blank'
    Callback Number 'my number'
    Number of Previous Items '7'

What exactly are "Delivery Reports"? Should I leave it enabled? I am running on my corporate BES if that helps.
    When you send an SMS message, "Delivery Reports" allows you to see if the message was received by the mobile you are sending the message to. When you send the SMS, a checkmark appears (in most themes) next to the message in the "Messages" list when it is sent. After two or three seconds (usually), a little "D" appears in the checkmark, and that is an indicator that the message was received.

It's wonderful for people like me with a teenage daughter -- I send her an SMS "Get your skinny butt home NOW", and the little "D" tells me she got the message. The "Darn T-Mobile, I must have been out of range and didn't get the message" excuse is blown to bits! YES! Leave "Delivery Reports" on!

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    When you send an SMS message, "Delivery Reports" allows you to see if the message was received by the mobile you are sending the message to. When you send the SMS, a checkmark appears (in most themes) next to the message in the "Messages" list when it is sent. After two or three seconds (usually), a little "D" appears in the checkmark, and that is an indicator that the message was received.

It's wonderful for people like me with a teenage daughter -- I send her an SMS "Get your skinny butt home NOW", and the little "D" tells me she got the message. The "Darn T-Mobile, I must have been out of range and didn't get the message" excuse is blown to bits! YES! Leave "Delivery Reports" on!
    Ok thanks. It funny though, since none of my text messages ever show the D (or anything other than the check), however my BB messenger messages do show letter icons. For instance, when I first send it I see the check, then I see a D, then I see an R once they (presumably) have read the BB message. I guess thats the difference between Tmo and Sprint! Now that you describe your text messages having this capability as well, I wish mine did too!

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

any 1 no the number to sprint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD