Not sure if this has been discussed but I find it frustrating that when I ... General Blackberry forum

manwayvan no está en línea Stack level 1

Sms contact question

Advertisement

Not sure if this has been discussed but I find it frustrating that when I want to text someone it shows all contacts even home phone and since you can't text home phone I see it useless and takes too many trackball rolls to get to a contact so is there anyway of settin a pearl with att to text only numbers in the mobile field under the contact? I understand the issues involved with this but I only set one number under mobile that I text ppl with so any luck
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier: At&t

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Actually, you can send a text message to a home phone number (Sprint offers that service; the number is called, and the message is read to the listener).

If you have certain ones you text a lot, you can speed up things by creating an address book entry containing only their mobile number.

For example if your friend is John Smith, and you have his contact info saved on your berry, you could create another contact TSmith, John (T for text), and only enter his mobile number.

Not an ideal way to do it, but there would be only one contact number to click on.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Actually, you can send a text message to a home phone number (Sprint offers that service; the number is called, and the message is read to the listener).
    Telstra Australia does this also, but the message is actually DISPLAYED on compatible landline telephones (like on a mobile) instead...

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea verizon does it to, they translate the text into a voicemail and it will be sent to the landline but they charge extra for it

manwayvan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow..I wasn't aware of landline services allowing text to them...I live in a holler in BFE which is 10 years behind typical areas so I am not suprised..Thanks for the idea though not ideal in my case.
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier: At&t