Hello all, is there a way to go directly to the second letter on a ... General Blackberry forum

jacbk612 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question smart type second letter usage i.e. c/v

Advertisement

Hello all, is there a way to go directly to the second letter on a key such as the v right beside the c on the bb 8100?

It seems smart type automatically gives you the c as the default and then you might get a choice but not always to pick the c or the v with the track ball. What if i want to go direct to the v, is that possible?

Thanks,

Jacques

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I don't believe that's possible as you describe it.

You should always get a choice with the trackball though. Typing the 'c' and scrolling the track ball form side to side should spin through 'c' and 'v'. Is this not working for you?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jacbk612 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Hi and thanks. Yeah sometimes it works and sometimes doesn`t, it`s a bit finicky.

Jacques

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Suretype can be hard to get used to at first. Try ignoring what you see popping up on the screen untill the end of the word, sometimes you have to get past the 4th letter or more before the word you are going for begins to appear.

If you are typing something that is not common, when you get to the end of the word scroll to the left and highlight the letter(s) you need to change, then scroll up or down and the alternate letter should appear. Click on it and the letter will be changed. When you are done with the changes and move on to the next word, the new one you just typed will be added to the memory so it shouldn't be so hard the next time.

And when you are frustrated, you could always switch back to multi-tap.......but try to stick with the suretype, you'll love it after a bit. I'm so used to suretype now, I can't multi-tap anymore....I make too many mistakes
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4