Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by jblackfish After reading all the posts re: the cache station option I'm ... General Blackberry forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    After reading all the posts re: the cache station option I'm gonna have to try that the next time I listen. Does it cache the specific stuff you listen to for playing later, at least in theory? There seems to be some discrepancy on what's actually cached so far.

Yes, just as azstar said, at least in my experience. And don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere that it actually caches 100 songs per channel... take that with a grain of salt though, can't remember the source I got that from. I've listened to same station for several hours now and haven't heard the same song twice yet so it must cache a good amount. But ya, works great, and like I said, I almost prefer the cache feature rather than having my phone streaming constantly. It seems to be much better on the battery with this method. And from my understanding after the initial cache, it will only update your cached stations rather than wiping and re-copying all those songs. Now I don't know what Slacker's idea of updating is, maybe they only replace the songs that you've already listened to, or maybe it actually "updates" it with fresher content, or any combination thereof. But I did a refresh already and it was way faster than the initial cache.

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh, I wanted to add, and I'm sure you would have figured this out on your own but it's not overly apparent. To cache the stations, you select which stations to cache on your phone but it doesn't actually cache until you connect it to your computer via the usb cable. Then you have to select Mass Storage Mode, and you'll see a Slacker.exe file, run that and the rest is history.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jusMikeP View Post
    Oh, I wanted to add, and I'm sure you would have figured this out on your own but it's not overly apparent. To cache the stations, you select which stations to cache on your phone but it doesn't actually cache until you connect it to your computer via the usb cable. Then you have to select Mass Storage Mode, and you'll see a Slacker.exe file, run that and the rest is history.
    Just trying this cache feature for the first time and it prompted the info you posted (that cache would begin the next time I connected via USB. Question: once you've set to Mass Storage Mode you can disconnect and it will continue to cache, won't it?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    When you hook it to your computer the option to start the cache pops up, you have to leave it connected tp your computer while it transfers the music to your card. There is a progress bar, it can take a while for it to finish......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think I've got it as far as how it works now...but, I forgot to "silence" my phone alerts so, when I get an alert, Slacker stops (or appears to) and I have to start it back up. I would guess that interrupts the "program" and the cached stuff too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123