Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It seemed to work fine on my 8320 for about an hour. I closed the ... General Blackberry forum

TheTechGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

It seemed to work fine on my 8320 for about an hour. I closed the program then went back to it later. I listened to maybe two songs and then my BB crashed and rebooted. It has great potential but I'm affraid to use it if it continues to reboot my phone.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Worked on my pearl, but it would suck all my memory. After a battery pull I have 25mb free I would start this program and I would be down to 12mb only after 30 minutes of use. I really liked this app. And it would stream flawlessly its just too bad.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    JusMikeP and Shock, Why don't one of you contact Slacker support to see if they have an answer? If you do, please post results back in here for other users.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    JusMikeP and Shock, Why don't one of you contact Slacker support to see if they have an answer? If you do, please post results back in here for other users.
    I did a few hours before I posted here and have not heard back yet, which kind of makes me a little upset. I usually don't have much patience for poor support/customer service, but when you don't have many options (flycast is about the only other), it forces you to be a little more patient.

Anyway, in the mean time, I just decided to use the cache feature. I have a 4GB card and can cache up to 25 stations it told me, so I picked about 6 of my favorites and cached them. I think I actually like the idea of this method better anyway, since playing music from my memory card will provide much more efficient batter usage. I had to do the same thing with my friends Curve. So I guess I'm happy with the application, it's not that big a deal to just connect to my computer once a week and let it update. I think that will definitely hold me over until it's updated/fixed anyway. I appreciate all the comments, suggestions from everyone though.

There's also Nobex and Moodio but no icon with Moodio. You have to bookmark Moodio and use it that way.
    Also I have found Slacker support to be slow but they finally got back to me. Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I appreciate those suggestions jblackfish... you guys are always most helpful. But I'm happy with the application for the most part, and it is free, so i guess I can't complain too much. People, including myself, have a tendency to highly scrutinize a product and expect more from it when it's at the forefront. I never really complained about my phone at all until I got my iPhone which was the best phone I've ever used (until I got my blackberry of course), but I complained about that phone every day at least 3 or 4 times. But I never complained about my old nextel walkie-talkie with a little 1.5" screen with green backlighting, and weighed in at about 18 lbs.

But like I said, I'm happy, and I'll happily use the cache feature until I hear from the developers or it's fixed.

Understand. I like Slacker too. I also use the othe 2 occasionally. I dumped Flycast tho. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by shockaholick View Post
    Hey I have the same issue. I have the 8220 flip
    Berry. It works great when the wifi is off.
    And when I turn on the wifi during the middle
    Of the song it still works. But when It tries to goto
    The next track, it won't start back up. So, I think its a wifi
    Issue. Are othe people experiencing this same issue?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of router are you using? I'm using an older (had it for at least 3 or 4 years, if not 5 years now) D-Link DI-524. One blackberry has a static IP set in the DMZ and the other is connected normally. I'm going to try it on someone else's wifi too for the hell of it, but I'm just curious.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I seem to have the opposite problem mike. If I cache a station then go to slacker later and tell it to play cached station I still see data arrows like crazy. Then if I stop it, turn off my BB radio/data connection then try playing the cached station it plays different music so that proves that when I have a good connection, even if I tell it to play a cached station, it plays from the stream instead
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Slacker has worked perfect for me! I love it

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I seem to have the opposite problem mike. If I cache a station then go to slacker later and tell it to play cached station I still see data arrows like crazy. Then if I stop it, turn off my BB radio/data connection then try playing the cached station it plays different music so that proves that when I have a good connection, even if I tell it to play a cached station, it plays from the stream instead
    Mine still shows data arrows as well when I play a cached station, but it still plays just fine even after disabling all my data connections before I start the app. I don't know that because it plays different music it is gathering it from a different source though. If I start a station in slacker with data turned off, stop the song and exit the program, and then re open the program and play the same station I get a different song too. So it apparently picks songs at random.

After reading all the posts re: the cache station option I'm gonna have to try that the next time I listen. Does it cache the specific stuff you listen to for playing later, at least in theory? There seems to be some discrepancy on what's actually cached so far.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It caches whatever station you tell it to cache, and if you create a station you can cache that too. Cool for flying, a fresh collection of music to listen to on the trip.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

hllywd no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have it on my Storm and after every song I have to hit the volume button to keep it playing. it just stops playing until I hit the up or down volume button.

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Works fine on my 8320, even with wi-fi, except that I can't get the cache feature to work. They are marked are being cached but they don't show up in the cached list. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I have service.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast