Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was excited when I first heard the news of Slacker Radio being released for ... General Blackberry forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Slacker Radio working for anyone?

Advertisement

I was excited when I first heard the news of Slacker Radio being released for the blackberry. I rushed to install it, but haven't been able to get it to work. It didn't work at first, even after a battery pull. I tried it again a few hours later and it worked all of the sudden. I went to show it off a little while later and it wouldn't work, and it hasn't worked at all today. I installed it on my friends Curve and it doesn't work on her phone either. I'm sporting the Bold, btw. I can seem to find any help on this, maybe because it's so new. But the error I'm getting is: An error occurred, please try your request again later, and that's after I'm logged in and click on a genre of music to play. It goes to the play screen, says buffering, and that error message pops up a few seconds later. I'm getting the same error my friends Curve. It works on my iPhone without any problem, so I would think that would rule out a network problem on Slacker's end. Any ideas? This seems like a great app, but it'd be nice if it actually worked. Just weird that it didn't work, then worked, and now not working again.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have it installed and working perfectly on my 8330/4.5.0.119 no issues yet other than some hourglassing at times. Otherwise no errors.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's odd, I just disabled wifi and it worked, but after turning wifi back on it no longer worked. I find it hard to swallow that someone would release an app that requires you to turn wifi off for it to work correctly. Even if it is an issue with my wifi, that just makes it harder to understand since I have my blackberry's static IP set in DMZ to give it a direct connection to the internet. Anyway, are you able to test it on wifi?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It works on my 8120.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have it installed and working perfectly on my 8330/4.5.0.119 no issues yet other than some hourglassing at times. Otherwise no errors.

Same here. But on My Bold. With OS .219
    Last edited by Hack173; 01-15-2009 at 07:32 PM.

I appreciate the feedback guys/gals. Apparently there is an issue with my wifi as I've been able to turn wifi off and have it work only to turn wifi back on and have it not work again, and I've repeated this several times. I don't know what it could be, but nonetheless that appears to be the issue. Thanks for verifying that it works on your various phones.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Slacker also runs well on my 8120 OS 4.5.0.124
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

jvcvem2003 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A228A
    Need help. When I ge a text message or email slacker is interrupted. Any one know how to fix?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~working for me but its painfully slow.

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    I believe mine started working once I entered my APN settings

sheilam115 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It works fine on my blackberry Curve 8330. I fall to sleep every night with my headphones on.
    Last edited by sheilam115; 01-16-2009 at 06:31 AM.

bradley1972 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C040A4
    Works seamlessly with my 8330 Curve. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    I just installed this on my 8310 and other than it being abit slow it works fine.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Works on my 8330 (.119) but, as tiascurve66 said, takes a long time sometimes on initial startup. My solution, because I think it occasionally hangs initally, is to back out and restart. It seems to work faster when I do that! Haven't experienced the hour glass yet but this is my 1st day using it with .119. (Worked great before on .77.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jusMikeP View Post
    That's odd, I just disabled wifi and it worked, but after turning wifi back on it no longer worked. I find it hard to swallow that someone would release an app that requires you to turn wifi off for it to work correctly. Even if it is an issue with my wifi, that just makes it harder to understand since I have my blackberry's static IP set in DMZ to give it a direct connection to the internet. Anyway, are you able to test it on wifi?
    Hey I have the same issue. I have the 8220 flip
    Berry. It works great when the wifi is off.
    And when I turn on the wifi during the middle
    Of the song it still works. But when It tries to goto
    The next track, it won't start back up. So, I think its a wifi
    Issue. Are othe people experiencing this same issue?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast