Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't mind the vibe then ring for messages. but agreed that the ... General Blackberry forum

oldsue no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Simultaneous vibrate and ring setting

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't mind the vibe then ring for messages. but agreed that the option should be there for vibe and ring.

Dcfrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Simo ring & vibrate should be standered on all phones. Also on my 8800 the red msg indicator light gose out after 15 mins is there a way to have it flash longer?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    worst for me is, with messaging, im and sms vibration, you do not know until after the vibrate that you have to answer your phone, IF you do not get the vibrate at first you significantly cut down time to answer call, also a big ask from my user is the ability to alter delay before calls go to VM, some want longer as they inevitably have to dig theres out of uniform or stop their task (involving power tools) in order to answer. c'mon RIM - you know you want to!

couldnt agree with you more esp. the bolded

rtrimble no está en línea Stack level 1

I like the vibrate then right capability. But I want it all. I would like the ability to have both at the same time as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xendlessxfirex no está en línea Stack level 1

I agree, I always miss my calls cause it vibrates first, THEN rings. I hope they include this in an update or somethin.

Thanks Toddboy btw for that info, I will call tmo to increase the number of rings before it goes to the voicemail.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

endlessxfire how many vibrates is yours set to? I had to change mine to 1 to not miss calls
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

along with this i think they should make the rings louder too

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Um...
    I like it when vibration starts first, then ringing... but ONLY when I'm in my office, behind my desk, where noise is so low that I hear and feel vibrations...
    In the car, I know Pearl is ringing when music suddenly stops playing - but if I'm in a noisy traffic, near truck or something, I miss that cue often! And not to mention when I go to the field... I often miss vibration with Pearl in the pocket...
    So please, RIM, give us vibrate AND ring...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

BleedBlue no está en línea Stack level 1

This newbie cannot believe there is no way to simultaneously vibrate and ring. After searching the forums it seems there are a few threads about this and a number of people who would like this option. Is RIM listening? Are there members clever enough to write an app to do this? I would happily spring $10 or so. Perhaps other members would too.

Moonbaseone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039FE28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is a feature that I could use and wish they would add to the BB phones.

tgmilazzo no está en línea Stack level 1

I've only had my 8100 for a few days and it was one of the first annoying things I noticed. it's especially surprising that the option isn't there when you see how many other options are included in the software.
    I really hope a software upgrade addresses this.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Yep and I got my new Sean Kingston ringtone too! I think it is like matter and anti-matter. The universe will implode if it is at the same time.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Just missed a couple calls this morning before I woke up. The second was as I was waking up and the audio was only there for 2-3 seconds. When my phone is in its holster charging I have it set to two vibrations and one step louder. Now I guess I either I need to remove it from its holster every night or change the profile every night, just to avoid missing early morning calls....

I'd really love to hear some input on this idea from RIM. How do I get in touch with them I wonder...?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

my BBP is my 7th or 8th phone.

and i believe it is the only phone that doesn't ring and vib at the same time.

i hate that double vib, then pause, then ring feature.

bigphilwastaken no está en línea Stack level 1

I just sent this email to rim:

I was quite disappointed when i received my 8830 in the mail to find that it is not possible for me to have my phone vibrate and ring at the same time.

This is my first BB experience, and im really considering returning the phone because of this. I am constantly missing calls because i cannot hear the ringer, and i have to have it set to vibrate once because if i have it more than that, even if i do hear the ringer, i dont have time to answer before it goes to voice mail.

This has been a huge inconvenience, and i really cant even believe that its not an option considering the plethera of other options on this phone.

Not to mention how expensive the product is, and it does everything well, except one of the most important aspects of a phone...letting you know when some one is trying to contact you.

Then, when the phone vibrates, i have to wait to see what tone it spits out so i can figure out if its a call, or a text message, or a voice mail, or what ever it is. So im constantly taking my phone out for emails, because im afraid to miss a call.

Are there any plans for a software update to allow this functionality of simultaneous ring and vibrate?

-Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast