Has anyone heard about this? I looked around for something like this in the posts ... General Blackberry forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up SIMable A new way to unlocking??

Advertisement

Has anyone heard about this? I looked around for something like this in the posts but was unable to find such a thing. According to the article below there is now a ultra-thin chip that will allow phone to act as if unlocked as in using on other carriers and so forth just by adding this chip. The kicker is not only does everything return to normal upon removal of said chip, but it will not void the device warranty as unlocking does. Has anyone tried this or know if it will work on Blackberry devices? Sounds too good to be true, but if not it could be a major deal I think! Check it out:

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...29/112718.html
    Last edited by thbassman; 05-01-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    This sounds really good. I'm check into it. Good Looking.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

stakka no está en línea Stack level 2
    looks like it only works for 8800 & 8820 for now

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    i use a 8800 but i dont see the reasoning behind it to actually get it, unless i decide to go with another carrier and get a sim. But even then. Its just as easy to get the phone unlocked through your carrier. even better is to use a 3rd party unlocking the phone. To me i see the part wearing thin and corrupting something. Maybe the wearout of the actually part. then your out of $$ for that part and need to order another. Rather doing that just get the actual phone unlocked would run a long way better then a peice of thin flexible hard piece that will wear out or even breaking within the phone itself. Who knows. Just my take.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile

My biggist issue with unlocking is if it's not done by the carrier it voids your warranty and anybody who has tried to get one unlocked by a carrier knows its not so easily done.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    thats interesting. So far everyone i know that just contacts there carrier get there unlocked codes in just days. As for me thats how i have always done it. I just call in to my carrier for all my phones and they send off the request for the subsidy unlock code and i get them in 3-5 days. Ive been with AT&T with a few bb's unlocked through them. And im currently with TMO for only like two months and got the code in 2 days. Business days of course. For me the warranty is not a big thing anyhow since i get service through no contract. I hate contracts. But as for that chip, i see it as something going wrong with it and making something go crazy within the bb which if hte carrier never heard that has happen will then investigate it little more and then possible deem it as not warrantied. Who knows though. Im just waiting for more input on this simable thing.
    Something that just came to mind. I wouldnt trust a hardware hack as in this anyway since it requires hardware but also it seems that it requires software in the bb part. In saying that it may just screw up the bb os entirely. I dont know. just thoughts thats all. But like i said ill wait and keep watching to see how this comes out.