Last night I didn't have data service for some reason. Phone had Edge in caps ... General Blackberry forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

SIM problem or not?

Advertisement

Last night I didn't have data service for some reason. Phone had Edge in caps but no data so I rebooted bb but only has GSM after that. Called AT@T and we tried everything from battery pulls to them do everything could think of. After all that they decided it could be my SIM card was bad. Well at 5:13 the next morning my BB woke me up getting messages again and has worked fine all day. My questions is this a possible bad SIM card or did they just have network trouble in my area even tho they claimed they didn't?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    The SIM card is like a ticket allowing access to a network. Features are controlled by network switch settings.

Customer care agents have a script they read through to diagnose problems. They don't necessarily understand how the phone works, or what the steps they're reading to you mean.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    if it was a service issue they wouldve probably been able to tell you that did they have you resend your service books?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    in some cases if it is a network issue sometimes resending the service books won't work, and like said above most reps go from a script, so some may not know about all the outages.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like you just got corked up for a while.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im not sure what happened. I quess it won't hurt to get a new SIM card. Might call and see if they can just send me one because its about an hour and a half drive from home to a corp store around here. Verizon has two stores here but not AT@T

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    When ever I call AT&T with problems about my data they can never tell me what the problem is. I always have to wait it out and then it always goes back to good.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~