Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

To start, forgive me if I posted in the wrong forum. SIM not allowed:3 WARNING ... General Blackberry forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

SIM not allowed:3 WARNING

Advertisement

To start, forgive me if I posted in the wrong forum.

SIM not allowed:3 WARNING

I have received this error twice already! Basically this is referring to your sim card and 3 invalid passwords have been entered so it locks your sim card. This is a security measure which is supposed to help protect you.

Here is the problem-i never touched my sim card and I didn't place a password on it.
    Here are my settings:8320/4.5.0.37. I am with T-Mobile and have been running my os for 3 weeks.This is now my 2nd time. The previous error was corrected by replacing the SIM card. The last program installed was bb wallet.

I believe that BB Wallet maybe the cause but I can't positively confirm

If you have received the SIM not allowed:3 please post the following information
    • Model and OS
    • Service Provider
    • Last Application Installed
    • How was issue resolved

NXTLuser no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40094a59
    this happened to me EXACTLY 3 days after installing 4.5.0.37 i ended up having to get a new sim card on my tmo 8320

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I didn't get that error my SIM card just crapped out on me out of nowhere after installing .37 Seems like .37 is killing SIM cards

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Oh that's no good. My tmobile rep is going to be mad when I ask for another card.
    This has to be more wide spread if it's 4.5.037! Maybe it's only tmobile phones or maybe only ophones with certain software.
    I checked my LGLG log and this is an error that poped up after "blackberry" reboot
    Name: net.rim.simapp
    GUID: 34b0df76dfc172f2
    Time: May 27, 2008 22:41:49
    SIMCard.invalid

I hope it's not just my os. I don't want to go back and I don't think my rep or my wife are going to be understanding to my needs
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It seems that .37 is just plain buggy and not worth downloading. So many problems. What exactly does it do that .18 doesn't?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Messes up your phones lol... Not mine except for that pm issues, but that has been there since .10 version got released.

I figure I'll have my Bold before the 4.5 officially gets released.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'll have to wait for the 9000 until TMO gets it. But, your right, I'll probably have it by then too!

BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm going to cover just the highlights as I'm on my BB. Here's what I know so far. I belong to a local "phone club" we meet weekly, and there are 31 members with BlackBerrys. The OS ver: 4.5.0.37. On T-Mobile devices seems to be the culprit. I say "seems to be" as there is one person who has not had a sim failure of those of us that are running 4.5.0.37.

Also we all upgraded within a two day period & three days later (yesterday) is when the sim failures occurred. Since I have several BB's I am continuing to test as I got a new sim again yesterday from my local T-Mo store.
    Conversely I'm running the same OS on my AT&T BB without any problems.

That's what I have experienced thus far. Oh, and T-Mo tech support isn't saying much other than telling us it's simply a bad sim.

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    A "phone club" and you don't invite.. I feel so cheated :cry:

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    So, no reports of such an issue with at&t? I hope not, as I just replaced my Sim not two months since. I'll never hear the end of it from my hubby if I fry my card!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This happened to me back in January but I didn't get the SIM not allowed:3 message. I got Initialization Failed. I tried it on a BB and a SK 3 which was my phone at the time.

Now I'm at 36 hours (the crap started this past Monday afternoon) of sporadic messages, signal indicator all over the map, WiFi acting sporadic. I have wiped the BB, reinstalled the OS, and restored my last backup, yanked the battery, used SoftReset (the application), turned on and off the wireless connections and am about to throw this thing at the wall. T-Mobile has told me there is an issue but NO RESOLUTION TIME? The last time this happened they replaced my 7100t twice (once due to the unit getting lost en route to me).

However, I'm doubly screwed as it's not just the 8120 that has the issue with the signal. My 8100 is also doing the same when I insert the SIM (minus the WiFi problem as it doesn't apply to that BB).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-28-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    So, no reports of such an issue with at&t? I hope not, as I just replaced my Sim not two months since. I'll never hear the end of it from my hubby if I fry my card!
    I was able to get my new SIM card, the one that's giving me fits now, for free back in January.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    So, no reports of such an issue with at&t?
    No worries. To be safe just don't upgrade to OS 4.5.0.37 (it has no value anyway) & you will be just fine...

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

I'm running 4.3.0.115 on my 8120 and 4.2.1.109 on the 8100.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Some time ago my SIM card failed and no error message was issued -- I just couldn't connect. I figured it out by swapping it with a SIM card from another device (T-Mobile again).

I went to the local T-Mobile store (uh... NOT the "water damage" store -- for those
    of you who remember my first Pinstack post ) and they gave me a new SIM card. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast