I am on a contract with Optus and have the bolt on data which gives ... General Blackberry forum

becsta no está en línea Stack level 2

SIM in other phones

Advertisement

I am on a contract with Optus and have the bolt on data which gives me unlimited internet when using the Blackberry Browser. My question is can the Blackberry browser be used on other brand phones? If so am I able to put my SIM into a different phone and surf the net with the BB browser so that it use my bolt on that I am already paying for.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If its a general data plan like T-Mobile offers it should work but you won't be able to use the BlackBerry Browser as that is built into the BlackBerry. If you have a BIS dataplan like the majority of the people you would even have any internet on another phone thats not your activated BlackBerry.

By Bolt do you mean Bold? Or even possibly the Bolt browser?

becsta no está en línea Stack level 2
    sorry about not being clearer. The data plan here is called a bolt on. I have unlimited internet but if I use any other browser it is not included in the unlimited and I have to pay extra. I suppose then that if I put my SIM in anothe phone that I will be charged extra as I would be surfing using anther browser.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm still not 100% following but I believe you are correct you would be charged extra.