Hi there, Perused these forums for a while before buying my Pearl, thanks for all ... General Blackberry forum

hobokenite no está en línea Stack level 1

Signature, Dreamhost and Sent Mail..oh my

Advertisement

Hi there,

Perused these forums for a while before buying my Pearl, thanks for all the confidence. Figured I would lump two quick questions in here for you helpful folk:

Running OSX 10.4.9 - T-Mobile - Pearl8100 - SDMicro 256MB smartcard put in yesterday - no other changes

I have webmail through Dreamhost, info@mydomain.com. I have forwarded all mail to name@tmo.blackberry.net, to get rid of the 15 minute polling lag. It works like a freaking charm, i receive all emails to my dreamhost account direcltly on my Pearl instantly, with another copy in my webmail folder (and I suppose Apple Mail application too, which is my main work mail client). I have not set up info@mydomain.com to be received on my Pearl, I figure it is an unnecessary doubling-up, and I don't need the lag.

I have changed my tmo.blackberry.net BIS settings so that when I compose or respond to an e-mail, my name is listed as My Name - Company Name, and the 'reply-to' is info@mydomain.com. So now the questions:

1) E-mails that I compose/reply to from my pearl are not showing up in my dreamhost webmail as sent messages (and why should they really, separate accounts). How do I make sure that the important response from my Pearl is logged for posterity on my Apple Mail/Dreamhost main account? Should I maybe always bcc my webmail account and set up a filter? There has to be an easier way.

2) I changed my tmo.blackberry.net signature to be "My Name - COmpany Info- Phone Number" like a good corporate citizen, so all composed or replied messages now have it. However, it appears underneath the attached/referenced email that I am replying to, rather than immediately after my composition. How can I move the siganture above the quoted text?

Thanks guys, really apprecciate it. hobokenite@gmail.com if you need any more information.
    Last edited by hobokenite; 01-25-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Re: Signature, Dreamhost and Sent Mail..oh my

Quote Originally Posted by hobokenite
    How do I make sure that the important response from my Pearl is logged for posterity on my Apple Mail/Dreamhost main account? Should I maybe always bcc my webmail account and set up a filter? There has to be an easier way.
    That's the way I do it; I blind cc: everything to my main mail account, and then filter out messages from myself so that they aren't sent back to my handheld.

Then in my mail client (Outlook), I mark messages sent from the handheld as read and move them into my Sent folder.

While it does sound somewhat inconvenient, once it's done it doesn't really need changing or upkeep.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.