Well, I recently moved to a new house in a new area. All the moving ... General Blackberry forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Signal Strength -- Dang Iphone is better!!!

Advertisement

Well, I recently moved to a new house in a new area. All the moving was going well, boxes being unloaded and getting organized. Well, I sat down and looked at my Blackberry 8820 and what do I see.... only 1 bar of service jumping down to 0. My wifes Blackjack 2 is the exact same way. Well, my friend came over with his Iphone 3G and it had full service!!!! How can this be? Both on ATT and in the same location. Can someone explain this to me? Is there another phone I can use that has service as good as the Iphone?

My only requirement is that I can get exchange email. HELP! My wife doesn't even look at her phone anymore because it cannot get enough service to call or anything on.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    A guess would be the antenna location within the phones and the material each is made out of has an effect on the signal strength.
    My Bold was 3 bars at best and my iPhone is always full in my home. Just a guess?

I'm not sure about the Bold but the iPhone has two antennas one at the top and one at the bottom of the phone. (I think) if i remember right.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Hulk -- power off the devices and leave them off for a few minutes.
    Doing this, so I've been told, allows the device to re-connect and find new towers. Not sure if it really works or not, but I got nothing to help here on the difference between the iphone and bb signals. when ur friend was over, was the iphone roaming on 3g and that is why it had full bars?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    when ur friend was over, was the iphone roaming on 3g and that is why it had full bars?
    friend had a dummy iphone with a decal on the front.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I don't know if its the same as on CDMA but if so, have you upated the PRL since the move.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Never heard of a PRL....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Preferred Roaming List. Most CDMA carriers have a key sequence like *1234 (or something like that). I'm not sure about AT&T. T-Mo just always tells me to power it off for about 5 mins and turn it back on to allow it to grab another tower. AT&T may work the same, or you may have to call CS to have it pushed to you.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

DarkFox no está en línea Stack level 2
    My HTC 2125's (have 2 of them) got 1 or 2 bars better then the BB 8120's (have tried 3 of them). But the BB's have WiFi @ Home so I can't complain to much.

When you live in the middle of nowhere bars count .

Hope my next phone has a better bars.