Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am elidgable for an upgrade on my Cingular plan. I bought an 8700c off ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Should I switch to T-mobile for the Pearl?

Advertisement

I am elidgable for an upgrade on my Cingular plan. I bought an 8700c off the net. I really want a Pearl. I'll wait till Cingular releases the Pearl (if I can wait that long) and then sell the 8700c on ebay. I have been with Cingular for a while and I am happy with them.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Finally, a decision.

By the way, you did take into account in your calculations that T-Mo is increasing their PA rates by 25%, on Monday?

And how about that RIM recall of all Pearls being shipped to Pennsylvania.

Where do you live, by the way?

in
    Sure glad they offer a 14 day grace period where i can return everything!

But I had to get some questions answered by them first...because they usually delay activation for 3 days to allow for shipping before my number is ported, but they don't ship on weekends...so they said they will coordinate activation to coincide with when i should receive it. That was the biggest reason for waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    I am elidgable for an upgrade on my Cingular plan. I bought an 8700c off the net. I really want a Pearl. I'll wait till Cingular releases the Pearl (if I can wait that long) and then sell the 8700c on ebay. I have been with Cingular for a while and I am happy with them.
    i thought about that also since I am so far ahppy with Cingular and I also have 2000 rollover minutes, which I am facing the fact that it means nothing since they are expiring because I dn't use them, so it's not a loss.

But reasons for me to switch:

1) Tmo's plans are cheaper and gives me more...I got the 600min + free N/W. Cingular's plan was only 300min with 5000 N/W (which is essentially unlimited).

Data plan is $29.99 with Cingular, $19.99 with Tmo (BIS unlimited plan).

Further, Cingular's text plan was 200 SMS for $4.99. Tmo's $4.99 plan is 400 anykind of message (text, video, or pic).

2) When the Cingular 8100 comes out, 7130c resale prices take a hit.

3) If I wait for the Cingular 8100, I have to pay for it either way. If i get an unlocked one, I still have to pay for it. If i switch to Tmo, i can get it for free which more than makes up for the Cingular cancellation charge.

4) I don't want to wait...if it doesn't cost me anything in the long run, why wait?

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Tough one there mrdeeno. I am going to wait. I am so syked about the Pearl, not sure how long I can wait. I am hearing that Cingular will release the Pearl as early as Nov 6th or as late as 1st quarter 2007.

I was thinking of buying a 7130c to hold me over till the Pearl comes out. I want something smaller than my 8700c. Or I'll just keep my 8700c or maybe trade it for a 7130c.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Tough one there mrdeeno. I am going to wait. I am so syked about the Pearl, not sure how long I can wait. I am hearing that Cingular will release the Pearl as early as Nov 6th or as late as 1st quarter 2007.

I was thinking of buying a 7130c to hold me over till the Pearl comes out. I want something smaller than my 8700c. Or I'll just keep my 8700c or maybe trade it for a 7130c.
    the only problem i think wit the pearl is its a little too small
    i think it would be hard to type with two hands but then again i could be wrong i guess ill have to try it

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    the only problem i think wit the pearl is its a little too small
    i think it would be hard to type with two hands but then again i could be wrong i guess ill have to try it
    I have average hands [except the right one because .... never mind ] and the Pearl is small even to me. I have to really concentrate when typing.

It's small size is also hazardous as it is easy to drop.

That is why I applied the Best Skins Ever [takes away the slippery properties of the Pearl]

And it is also why I use a lanyard any time I am walking and talking, snapping pics in public or checking my e-mail while on the move. A lanyard looks a bit much when using it, but I have dropped my other phones and PDA's too many times to operate without one. And my devices at times unclip from my belt.

So the clamp you see on the lanyard, which is attached to my belt, has saved my devices from certain doom, for example falling on to a cable car rail and being crushed by 9 tons of rolling historic monument.

Sidenote: Often times when guys see me using the lanyard or that it is attached to my belt comment and say that is a good idea. So maybe it's not that goofy after all.

I thought about my options to get the 8100 and sticking wtih Cingular, whcih is why I ran the numbers in the first place. I think the thing that makes switching so much more favorable is that I can get the 8100 for free, which makes up for the cancellation charges. The $10 per month in savings plus the extra minutes with the T-mo plan is just icing on the cake. If the savings over a year came out to be a wash, it would still benefit me to upgrade since I would still get a phone I like better (ie it wouldn't cost me anything more over the course of a year compared to what I would have if i did nothing).

The fact that my current contract with Cingular is only 2 months old means that I can cut myself off and start saving $10 per month sooner. If I only had 2 months left, then there would be no point in switching.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    Is my math correct? And should I switch?
    Make sure coverage with any new carrier is sufficient for your needs. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant if you can't use your device where you need to.

Personally, I wouldn't switch carriers (especially from GSM carrier to GSM carrier) just for a particular device.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123