Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... General Blackberry forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Re: Should I switch to T-mobile for the Pearl?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pinchao
    I could be wrong on this but I don't think the Tmo plan (59.99) include text messaging.
    It does under the Blackberry plan.

1000 Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Text, Unlimited BB Data/email 59.99 awesome plan... unfortunatly my T-Mobile rep sold me 600minutes a month w/0 text messages and unlimited blackberry + enterprise(which i dont use) for 79.99/month I gotta change this when I get time.. If I only saw that BB plan before I went to the t-mobile kiosk o_O

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pinchao
    I could be wrong on this but I don't think the Tmo plan (59.99) include text messaging.
    Yeah, it does. This is the BIS 1000 Min & Mail Plan:

Whenever minutes 1000 per month
    Weekend minutes None
    Weeknight minutes None
    myFaves minutes N/A
    Mobile to mobile minutes None
    Shared minutes None
    Additional minutes $.35 per minute
    Data transfer Unlimited
    Included Text Messages Unlimited
    My E-mail Unlimited
    Corporate My E-mail None
    HotSpot None

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Hello- I'm new to Blackberry and am trying to figure out of the services (cellular) avilable that support BB which is the best? I just got a 8703e on Verizon and this is a way cool experience for me. Thank you
    Larry

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541
    I have t-mobile and love the service. I paid $150 for my pearl after $50 mail-in rebate and $50 platinum customer discount. Service is really good, customer service is excellent, top notch.

I contacted the online retailer and they are looking into whether they can sell the Min & Mail plan ($59.99) or not. They do have another optino that I am interested in though...$39.99 voice (600min + free N/W) and $19.99 for BIS (no text though...this plan is not listed on Tmo's site). But this retailer also offers a 400 text plan for $4.99 and its' for anykind of messaging (text, picture, even video).

But I ran the numbers again with this other plan...ocnclusion is I would save $120 over a year if I switch ($65 vs. $75/mo), but also get the 8100 for free (saves $200) plus what I can get for my 7130c (about $150?).

So with the equipment savings, I would come out even further ahead in a 12mo. period than if I went to a T-mo store. I think I'm going to do it.

Anyone know what Tmo's plan change policy is? I know with Cingular, you can change you plan mid-contract, but the contract start date will reset.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid
    Hello- I'm new to Blackberry and am trying to figure out of the services (cellular) avilable that support BB which is the best? I just got a 8703e on Verizon and this is a way cool experience for me. Thank you
    Larry
    Just follow my lead...I'm researching the best plans for the price between Cingular and Tmo over the long term.

I'm not a big verizon fan anymore because the equipment is not as easily interchangable as T-mo or Cingular.

With T-mo or Cingular, if you want to upgrade, you can purchase an "unlocked" device and there are a lot more unlocked GSM devices. GSM devices (especially "unlocked" ones) are much easier to sell off too sicne they work with many more carriers.

cv
    cv no está en línea Stack level 2

From the handset perspective, I don't like the 7130. I also don't like the Pearl as it is way to small and is problematic if you are a heavy email user. Wait for the 8800 and get the best of all worlds.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol, I switched from verizon to tmobile because of the 8700g hahah oh and tmo is cheaper than cingular.

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

I know its not directly linked, but i though UK plans were awkward...but your sound tough ....

But i get

1000 Texts (SMS)
    600 Mins (Anytime - Day, Night, Weekend)
    BB Unlimited Data (Fair Usage - capped at 75mb)

Plus they roll over if i dont use the mins or sms for 3 mths at a time)

Ł36 = $ 57 (ish)

rbordley no está en línea Stack level 1

The Pearl is GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by cv
    From the handset perspective, I don't like the 7130. I also don't like the Pearl as it is way to small and is problematic if you are a heavy email user. Wait for the 8800 and get the best of all worlds.
    i thought about it, but why wait? I have no problem with the 7130 size, and i don't think the 8100 is too small either.

I think after pulling the numbers, i should switch to save money in the long run as well as get a handset i like better.

The 8800 doesn't make a difference to the numbers either way because I woudl still have to purchase it whether I stayed with Cingular or went with T-mo...the only difference is I would still be saving with T-mo, and the sooner I do it the sooner the savings start.

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've had T-Mo for almost four years and have never had any problems with them at all. I've always gotten excellent customer service and I've never dreaded having to call them. In your case I think it'll be worth eating the cancellation fee and switching. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Ok, went ahead to day and ordered the 8100 thru 1shopwireless.com. So I am expecting a new 8100 with a free bluetooth headset sometime next week.

The total check-out price was $59.99 ($50 for the phone and 9.99 for shipping. They will check my credit and then activate/ship when that's done (probably Monday). They delayed activation so my current phone number doesn't get transferred until I receive the new phone, at which point I need to call Cingular and cancel also.

Final cost will be only $9.99 for the shipping because of the $50 mail in rebate for the phone

I also ordered a 1gig Kingston microSD card on ebay for $31 total (including shipping)

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Finally, a decision.

By the way, you did take into account in your calculations that T-Mo is increasing their PA rates by 25%, on Monday?

And how about that RIM recall of all Pearls being shipped to Pennsylvania.

Where do you live, by the way?

in
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    Ok, went ahead to day and ordered the 8100 thru 1shopwireless.com. So I am expecting a new 8100 with a free bluetooth headset sometime next week.

The total check-out price was $59.99 ($50 for the phone and 9.99 for shipping. They will check my credit and then activate/ship when that's done (probably Monday). They delayed activation so my current phone number doesn't get transferred until I receive the new phone, at which point I need to call Cingular and cancel also.

Final cost will be only $9.99 for the shipping because of the $50 mail in rebate for the phone

I also ordered a 1gig Kingston microSD card on ebay for $31 total (including shipping)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast