Hi all, I have an off the wall question. I have people working in Mexico ... General Blackberry forum

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

Question Shipping to Mexico?

Advertisement

Hi all, I have an off the wall question. I have people working in Mexico that I need to ship 2 blackberries to. I have been told that we can not send these down with other people due to the rules in the Customs (only 1 per/person). Does anyone have any experience shipping electronic equipment to Mexico? These are American personnel working in Mexico, don't ask me WHY they couldn't wait to get these first before going down there, I guess that would have required brains....but now I'm stuck trying to get these to them. Any thoughts?
    Fuzzbutt

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Shipping to Mexico?

shipping internationally isn't a big deal just the customs docs are a pain to fill out
    ...do they need them next day, or can you ship ground?

i would make sure to insure at greatest value possible and use fedex...

PIN/ID
    242da5e

Thanks, that is kind of what I thought. The person I'm dealing with is a bit of a drama queen and is making it seem like this is an impossible task.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Anyone can take the bb's, the one per person rule only applies as far as the tax free crossing, if you have someone going just send them with him/her they will pay approx 25% of the original price of the device in taxes 'aranceles' in spanish.they will need the original receipt/invoice of course.
    Now, this may be expensive, do the math
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi there. I live in Mexico and have an acquaintance that used to work as a custom agent. He told me that when it comes to electronics, you can export to Mexico without paying taxes as long as the total value of the shipment doesn't exceeds $1200 USD. Now he did told me that since he stopped working for Customs in '05, this might not be current any more, but that he thinks that if anything, they would have increased the amount that's tax-exempt.
    To be sure, you can call your nearest consulate of Mexico, as they have to keep current on all regulations.

PIN/ID
    242da5e

AWESOME, that is what I needed! Now I gotta find a Nextel phone. I tell ya, I'm starting to hate Mexico :-)

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf12321 View Post
    Hi there. I live in Mexico and have an acquaintance that used to work as a custom agent. He told me that when it comes to electronics, you can export to Mexico without paying taxes as long as the total value of the shipment doesn't exceeds $1200 USD. Now he did told me that since he stopped working for Customs in '05, this might not be current any more, but that he thinks that if anything, they would have increased the amount that's tax-exempt.
    To be sure, you can call your nearest consulate of Mexico, as they have to keep current on all regulations.
    I just browsed the net for info on this and I still see 50 dlls per person going across tax free and 32% tax after that.
    I can't speak for tax on shipments tough

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cabron View Post
    I just browsed the net for info on this and I still see 50 dlls per person going across tax free and 32% tax after that.
    I can't speak for tax on shipments tough
    Yes, that is if you are taking with you, $50 per person ($300 if you are mexican). The following electronic items are exempt from taxes: a personal computer, a camera, a portable music player and a cell phone, and the BB is all of that in itself lol. But I digress, the point is, the $50 allowance, called a "franquicia" applies only to items taken with you.