A buddy of mine was showing off his iPhone to me, not a bad device, ... General Blackberry forum

Brandxman no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Shazam or Midomi for BB???

Advertisement

A buddy of mine was showing off his iPhone to me, not a bad device, its the first I have seen of them hands on. Anyway he had two apps, both did basically the same thing. the first is Shazam, the second is Midomi. Both basically use your iPhone to take a short sample of a song being played from the radio, or some other sourse and then takes that sample and finds the info about the song off an online database.

Ask me that would etxtremly handy for getting all the tracks off the radio that you never hear the names for, or jsut forget as soon as the next one plays.

Anyway, anyone know of such a demon for our BB's?? If so where can I take a peek at these gems? I know with things like voice dialing and Yahoo's voice search going, its possible to do, just never heard of such a thing till now.

--B

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is already a program kind-of like that for the BB! It will tell you what song is playing on the radio, as well as the ones that played before the current one. It is Nobex Radio Companion. I have tried it out and it works quite well. And it's free in the PinStack store! :-)

Here's what they have to say:
    Nobex Radio Companion is the best Blackberry tool to help you keep your music collection fresh. How many times have you listened to a song on the radio, and thought this is a song you would like to have on your iPod or mp3-player? With Nobex Radio Companion, the song is a click away. You set it, once, to monitor your favorite radio stations. Then, any time, you look at Nobex Radio Companion on the Blackberry to see what song is it that is playing (cool by itself, no?), and with a single click, you get a detailed email sent to you from the Nobex servers, that includes the song details, and a link to purchase it on Amazon or iTunes. And - it is all completely free (other than the purchase on Amazon or iTunes, that is). Give it a try. It is extremely cool, and quite addictive.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 08-15-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: add more info

riprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319360F9
    Although I mainly listen to Sirius Radio but I do on occasion listen to local radio and have used Nobex Radio Companion if I have never heard a particular song before. Its a great little app. Just as gritsinct say, I highly recommend this.

JRUNCK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried "Nobex Radio" out when I first got my Curve and found it to be about as accurate as a blind sharp shooter with no arms. Every time I tried to find a song playing on the radio the display on "Nobex Radio" showed songs from hours and hours and hours before the current radio broadcast.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybee you tested it when it first came out or something? It doesn't have all the stations I listen to available, but the ones that are available have been accurate with current and previous.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    I just saw shazam for my buddys iphone! That is soooo sweet. I haven't found anything for a BB that is similar.

Anyone got anything besides the nobex. I want to be able to have it "listen" to a song and tell me what song it is.