Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know the RIM clients are awesome, and hopefully we'll see an AIM client soon, ... General Blackberry forum

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Advertisement

I know the RIM clients are awesome, and hopefully we'll see an AIM client soon, but TMO has to realize that OZ needs to improve their client (seeing as they're paid to make the applications for TMO) or pick up some new IM software.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Back in the day...Rim and Aol had an AIM client on a blackberry: http://telepixtvcgi.warnerbros.com/d..._01/04_18.html I remember seeing one in person..Its Now a Purple Dinosaur!

See the date of this post: http://dc.internet.com/news/article.php/522911

Rim: http://www.rim.net/news/partner/2000..._11_2000.shtml

mystjava no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DB0C59
    I'm with you guys also -- I'm taking the OZ im off my bb too! It just crashes alot and doesn't keep up with what's current on my aim. Sigh -- hopefully we'll get an AIM or MSN for the bb that's free. Waiting ......

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Be sure to call in and referrence the trouble ticket so we can get the ball rolling!

chuwee18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    im with it but not sure how i can help?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I gave up on the OZ IM app ages ago myself.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Don't give up! Change will never come if someone doesn't speak up! If you want to help, you can spend 20 min or so and call in to TMO tech support, let them know your having trouble with the OZ client. Also, tell them, they can add you to their friends trouble ticket (# listed above) - the more people we can get on there, the more TMO will realize something is wrong.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    I'm completely down, I'm glad we all found different ways to make due without oz, but the truth of the matter is we deserve a reliable messenger on our bbs!! I'm down for the cause, and I will be calling in tomorrow on that trouble ticket! Peace

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Exactly what problems are people having with the OZ IMer ? No one seems to say what problems they have.

I have been testing it along with Ramble, IM+, RIM Yahoo and Google Talk. The main thing I noticed is it doesnt update often enough so it doesnt tell you when people sign on and off real time. It also doesnt seem to tell you when someone is idle or not. I havent noticed much else and it works well when actually using it to IM.

Between it and Ramble, Ramble updates better but OZ AIM seems to reconnect better and stay connected better at least from my testing. I was using Ramble the other day and waiting to be IMed back and "again" for no reason when I went back in it was disconnected. Ramble also lacks in the get buddy info compared to OZ and this results in long waits and blank white screens. Neither seem to 100% alert you when people sign off.

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    The main problem I have is the not receiving/sending messages in a timely manner. I can be logged on all day, someone can send me a message from AIM on the PC right next to me - hours will go by and still no message rec'd on my handset. Sometimes when I IM people, they don't get the message either. Also, there are delays and sometimes the messages come out of order.

That's my beef with OZ.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmmmmm, I have never noticed that. Have you had better results on the same tests in the same area with Ramble ? Just asking as it could be your local area, you put your phone in a pocket with no signal, etc.... I have problems with txt and IM's if I am in my computer room at home, the signal is intermittant there. Then the messages pops up hours later sometimes.

Right now I am running both Ramble and OZ AIM for AIM IM at the same time and both seem to get IM's about the same time but Ramble is much better with the sign on/off notification.

If Ramble would only stay connected reliably I would be happy. I have been averging 3-4 random disconnects a day with Ramble. None with Oz.

Try running both at the same time like I am and compare. I will try sending stuff to myself later to see if there are major delays. I never did that.

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    I've tried multiple phones, at work and home, even out and about. Ramble is good at getting me messages to you in a timely manner but the disconnects makes it unreliable. OZ will stay connected all day, but I'll never get the messages I'm being sent - and that makes me furious. Try it yourself, log onto on SN on your PC then get on the OZ client. Within the 1st hour, it wont be so bad. Try it again in an hour. If yours works (which I don't think it will) it might be my area - but I travel for work and it happens to me all over CA.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    so where's the revolution at guys, im waiting

PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Re: Shall we start a revolt against T-Mobile's OZ IM Client?

Have you called in and added yourself to the open trouble ticket? I'm doing the best I can.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Re: Shall we start a revolt against T-Mobile's OZ IM Client?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OK, dumb question, what is OZ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast