Ok, so since I have been on this website I have learned that since my ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Settings for moving from BES to BIS?

Ok, so since I have been on this website I have learned that since my BB is connected to my work BES they can potentially control my personal cell phone. They can also potentially read my SMS messages and so forth. Some of you have commented that if this is a concern, I should switch from the BES to BIS so I have control over my own device. It is my understanding the using the BIS makes the BB sync via my corporate Exchange server, and I have those settings. Assuming I am ready to wipe my BB (Sprint 8830), are the below settings all that I need to do this? If so, how do I go about doing it, as I dont want to wipe my BB just to find out that I need some more settings!! Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Server Address:
    Server requires SSL: Check (yes)
    Network Username: XXXX
    Network Password: XXXX
    Domain: company

*These settings are for a windows mobile device, but I assume the information required is the same.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Settings for moving from BES to BIS?

As I understand it, to remove the control restrictions placed on your BB, you will also need to remove the IT Policy from your BB. Just wiping the device will not accomplish this. Check this thread, Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles