Hey guys...so I have my gmail set up to push...but only for any email that ... General Blackberry forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Setting filter for BIS for facebook emails results in weird things

Advertisement

Hey guys...so I have my gmail set up to push...but only for any email that has the "from" field from facebook...i rather not have any other gmail pushed to me since I can check it with my google mail app

however, when I do get a facebook email, it comes up as a facebook notification instead of it being in actual email format, like any other push email would be.

When I open it up...it brings me directly to the facebook app ...instead of actually opening the email sent from facebook

has anyone else noticed this?

I removed the filter and I stopped getting the alerts....

I find it weird that RIM's BIS service can actually know your filter is facebook and automatically have your facebook program open up the message instead of the actual email app

can anyone explain this please? Thanks

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    The Facebook application was made to get its notifications from a BlackBerry email address so that's why that happens. You should be able to change that in the Facebook App options. Another method would be to change the email address thats associated with Facebook.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i see..that makes sense...thanks!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    No problem