I have a Blackberry 8700c from Cingular and I'm connected to my company's network via ... General Blackberry forum

mbrooks82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Set WAP as Default Connection Instead of Company's MDS

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8700c from Cingular and I'm connected to my company's network via BES 3.6 (I know...ancient...). I would like for the device's default connection to be out through the WAP interface instead of through the BES so that things like RambleIM and CalendarShare work properly. Going through the company's BES is interfering with them due to the firewall / proxy filter restrictions connecting to AOL and GMail respectively. Any thoughts on how to convince the device how it should handle connections? Thanks! M@

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Set WAP as Default Connection Instead of Company's MDS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my recommendation to make Ramble work properly is to not use it and replace it with JiveTalk. Even under the best of conditions Ramble will not work reliably. Jivetalk will make its own connection settings so you don't have to care about how your company set it up. I also assume your company removed the Internet Browser via policy to force you to go through their BES. I say this because you don't mention having it as an option. There are ways to remove the policies but you could get in a heap o' trouble for trying to circumvent your company's policies.

We'll wait for someone else to weigh in on CalendarShare.

mbrooks82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my recommendation to make Ramble work properly is to not use it and replace it with JiveTalk. Even under the best of conditions Ramble will not work reliably. Jivetalk will make its own connection settings so you don't have to care about how your company set it up. I also assume your company removed the Internet Browser via policy to force you to go through their BES. I say this because you don't mention having it as an option. There are ways to remove the policies but you could get in a heap o' trouble for trying to circumvent your company's policies.

We'll wait for someone else to weigh in on CalendarShare.
    Thanks for the reply. I do have the Internet Browser available actually and I downloaded Opera which doesn't go through the company network. Interesting you mentioned Jive Talk because another buddy of mine just told me about it as well and highly recommended it even over IM+. I'll have to check it out, although so far I went back to the standalone instant messengers over IM+ for a number of reasons.

Cheers!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After months of testing IM+, Web Messenger, Ramble, etc., the only I'm client I recommend is Jivetalk. The others aren't even in the same league.