It is a common complaint that all your messages get dumped under Messages - especially ... General Blackberry forum

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Separate Messages with Saved Searches

It is a common complaint that all your messages get dumped under Messages - especially among BES users.
    Each BIS email address gets its own icon, but there are no icons for just BES email or SMS and MMS Messages.

Here's the workaround I use to view only my BES emails:
    1. From the main screen go into Messages
    2. Click the Wheel/Menu button and select Search
    3. *Scroll down to the Services: line and hit [Alt] to bring up the list of Message Services available and select Desktop
    4. Click the Wheel/Menu button and select Save
    5. In the Title field, enter a name for the search like BES. This will appear at the top of the messages list when the search is finished
    6. Scroll down to the Shortcut Key (Alt +) line and enter the letter you want to use in combination with the [Alt] key to invoke the search - for example b in this case. If you try to use a key that's already in use you'll get a warning message and can try another
    7. Click the Wheel/Menu button and select Save
    Now when you're in Messages and want to see only your BES email, simply hold down the [Alt] key and hit b. The search will begin and only your BES email will be displayed.

* Depending on the OS, you may have a setting under Messages --> Options --> General Options. My 8800 (v4.2.1.79) has an option SMS and Email Inboxes which can be set to Theme Controlled, Combined, or Separate. If I set it to Separate, I get an icon on the main screen SMS and MMS.

If you don't have that option, to set up a search for SMS or MMS messages, in Step 3, scroll to the Folder line, hit [Space] and select the appropriate folder like SMS Inbox or MMS Outbox instead of selecting a service. Unfortunately I don't see a way to search multiple folders and SMS and MMS don't show up as Services.

p.s.
    For those with $$ to burn, there is an alternative. For $20 you can get Empower BES Mailbox as listed in my Mini Version Tracker list:
    Empower BES MailBox: 3.0.1.52 - OTA - Web ($)
    Last edited by jdellasala; 05-23-2008 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added info about Empower BES MailBox
    JerryD

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Separate Messages with Saved Searches

Seen this information posted before... but, quality information nonetheless - thx for a great reminder

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

To edit a saved search:
    1. From the Messages list, Click the wheel/menu button and select Search.
    2. From the Search screen, Click the wheel/menu button and select Recall. Highlight the search you want to edit, Click the wheel/menu button and select Edit.
    3. Make your changes, Click the wheel/menu button and select Save.
    JerryD

jhami525 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phrmcst no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got my blackberry over the weakend and got my BES email account set up at work today and having all emails dumped together was really bugging me. Wish it would have a completely seperate folder for the BES, but this at least gets me closer to what I want.

Thanks OP.

russ212 no está en línea Stack level 2

Number 3 I Dont Have The DESKTOP OPTION. What Should I Do?

Quote Originally Posted by russ212 View Post
    Number 3 I Dont Have The DESKTOP OPTION. What Should I Do?
    As the opening paragraph indicates, this tip is to assist BES users find their BES email. If you don't have the Desktop service, you don't have BES, and you should have separate icons for each BIS email address you've set up.

That said, if you want to use the Messages icon and have a quick way to view only one email account's email, you can do the same with each email account. Just select the email account you want to set up in step 3.

BES email ends up under the Messages icon along with all BIS email, and as of yet there's no (free) way to have an icon for just BES email. Hopefully it will be added to the next OS release!
    JerryD

lbjandai no está en línea Stack level 1
    So does this still apply? I added my dads yahoo e-mail account, but he also has his business email set up as a "bes" or whatever. So i did the search thing... which is ok..

But is there a better way to do it now?

Also, I know yahoo has the yahoo go 3.0 application, but i could NEVER get it to actually load, and then online I just bad things about the program.

so, if there is another way of doing this, that is better, let me know!

and by the way, i know of this program, that u have to pay for. but i just dont want to pay for it, at least yet : ) (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php).

Also, i set my settings to seperate SMS and the BES email, but i dont see an actual folder just for SMS.
    Last edited by lbjandai; 07-30-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lbjandai View Post
    So does this still apply? I added my dads yahoo e-mail account, but he also has his business email set up as a "bes" or whatever. So i did the search thing... which is ok..

But is there a better way to do it now?

Also, I know yahoo has the yahoo go 3.0 application, but i could NEVER get it to actually load, and then online I just bad things about the program.

so, if there is another way of doing this, that is better, let me know!

and by the way, i know of this program, that u have to pay for. but i just dont want to pay for it, at least yet : ) (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php).

Also, i set my settings to seperate SMS and the BES email, but i dont see an actual folder just for SMS.

any help here? will a software upgrade solve the problem?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjandai View Post
    any help here? will a software upgrade solve the problem?
    Please see my blog entry as BES 4.1 SP5 has a patch that you can apply which will create an desktop/enterprise only folder which is just like the ones you already have for BIS.

ok thanks. My problem is i am not that great with command prompt. I got it so that my commany prompt is currently located at the desktop (by doing a whole bunch of cd(change directory). However, now I don't know what to do. The "-input" isnt making any sense to me. Could someone type out what the command is that I need, if i am located at the folder where the update.exe file is and the enable and disable sql's are?

thanks

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Remember this only works if you have BES 4.1.5. In SP6 this "hacking" is not required. Also let me remind you that Research In Motion may not support you if you mess up your BES. This functionality was taken out of SP5 for a reason...

With that said you should be able to use a simple comand like this. This is assuming all files are on the desktop.
    C:\Documents and Settings\besadmin\Desktop>BBDBUpdate.exe -input EnableRichContent.sql -db besmgmt