I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 and Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my laptop, both working ... General Blackberry forum

budh no está en línea Stack level 2

Sent gmail from laptop Outlook going to Curve - why?

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 and Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my laptop, both working with a Google mail (gmail) account in POP mail only (no IMAP in service) that has no option set to forward mail messages.

Outlook is set to leave incoming messages on the server for a week, to ensure they get to the Blackberry.

When I am in Outlook and SEND an email through the gmail account, it ends up on the Blackberry and I don't see any setting that would cause that.

What can I do to stop outgoing gmail messages sent from my laptop in Outlook to end up on the Blackberry?

Bud H

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sent gmail from laptop Outlook going to Curve - why?

It is gmail based. You need to log into your carriers BIS site where you set up the gmail POP account, next to where the gmail account is listed is a "filter" icon, click that, add your gmail email addy and choose "From" in the drop down, give the filter a name and choose "Do not forward to device", that will stop any sent confirmations from going to the BB

MacWebDev no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

This is the most annoying problem - thankfully with a very easy solutions.

You simply need to set up a rule in your BIS account to stop getting sent messages on the BB.

1) Go to your provider's BIS page and log in to your account.
    2) Click 'FILTERS' for the gMail account in question.
    3) Click 'ADD FILTER'
    4) Name the filter something. I named mine 'sent'.
    5) Apply filter when: Choose '"FROM" FIELD' from this drop down box.
    6) Type your gMail address in the 'CONTAINS' box.
    7) Make sure 'DO NOT FORWARD MESSAGES TO DEVICE' is selected.
    8) Click the 'ADD FILTER' button.

You're done! Next time you send a message to someone, you won't get it in your BB inbox as well.

It sounds like a lot of steps but it really only takes a couple minutes. I've done it many times before (for myself and other BIS users) and didn't realize it would be 8 steps until I typed this!

Hope that helps you! If you get stuck, feel free to PIN me.

Have a good one!

spiderwv no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E1D64

You CAN set your Gmail account to accept both POP & IMAP access if you are interested. I have BIS set to POP access for Gmail, while having Outlook on both my desktop and laptop set to access Gmail via IMAP. That way I still get the instant Push of incoming emails to my BB (most of the time) and benefits of IMAP on my computers at home.