I usually send plain text email but today I just realised I can't send picture ... General Blackberry forum

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Thumbs down Sending Email Attachment

Advertisement

I usually send plain text email but today I just realised I can't send picture attachment via email. BB's email only allow us to send address attachment. I then try sending it via BB messenger, but only allow if the file is less than 15kB. I end up sending via MMS which is the most costly option. :cry:

A feature request to RIM. I hope they can have sending attachment feature in the future BB especially when they made one with the camera.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Sending Email Attachment

Quote Originally Posted by tjunkie
    I usually send plain text email but today I just realised I can't send picture attachment via email. BB's email only allow us to send address attachment. I then try sending it via BB messenger, but only allow if the file is less than 15kB. I end up sending via MMS which is the most costly option. :cry:

A feature request to RIM. I hope they can have sending attachment feature in the future BB especially when they made one with the camera.
    I send pictures via email all the time. When you select the picture to send and you select mms, it gives me an option when I select mms from my address book which address to use if you have the person's email address in the address book you can select their email address and it will send it via email. And you can type in your message in the body of the email as well.

I sent myself a test one and it works. You should have the contacts email address listed in the address book as well.

PIN/ID
    203E690C

Brenda,

Yep, did that. But the problemis MMS cost more than regular email and the receiver who will get the message will receive from <mobileno>@mms.serviceprovider.com instead of my usual recognisable email.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Try BB Reply to change the email address.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Thanks, I'm gonna try that too!

PIN/ID
    203E690C

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    When composing MMS, although send to an email address, it won't allow you to change reply-to using BBReply

Quote Originally Posted by tjunkie
    When composing MMS, although send to an email address, it won't allow you to change reply-to using BBReply
    AAAAHHHHHH!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You don't see "Compose MMS"?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that no matter which way the picture is sent, whether masking the sent from address or whatever, the problem is that it is still MMS.

Perhaps this is just carrier dependent, however, like tjunkie, my carrier charges an outrageous premium for MMS, 50 cents + data. And that's on top of BB and SMS charges. Plus, my carrier has 'BlackBerry data' and just plain 'data'. The two are not interchangeable.

I never send MMS, not from my 7100 nor my razr. It's just not worth it.