hey guys, im looking for directions on suppressing the email sig attached by the bis. ... General Blackberry forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

selectively suppress email signature

Advertisement

hey guys,

im looking for directions on suppressing the email sig attached by the bis. i use the @txt.att.net feature to text-email some friends, and the addition of my signature makes the message kinda long for the recipient.

i know i can just login to the bis and not have a sig, but i just want to selectively not use it. is this possible?

thanks.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    I believe you can only turn the sig on or off on the BIS site. I havent found any other ways of doing so.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    hey guys,

im looking for directions on suppressing the email sig attached by the bis. i use the @txt.att.net feature to text-email some friends, and the addition of my signature makes the message kinda long for the recipient.

i know i can just login to the bis and not have a sig, but i just want to selectively not use it. is this possible?

thanks.
    Don't know if this would work for you but I approach it from 180º. Instead of adding a signature at my BIS site, I removed it. On those occasions I frequently need a signature/s, I use autotext. For example, typing xmxm followed by a return provides one signature while prefacing it with different letters modifies or changes it like wxmxm. Don't know of any other way.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    Don't know if this would work for you but I approach it from 180º. Instead of adding a signature at my BIS site, I removed it. On those occasions I frequently need a signature/s, I use autotext. For example, typing xmxm followed by a return provides one signature while prefacing it with different letters modifies or changes it like wxmxm. Don't know of any other way.
    that is a great idea, and thats why i posted my question here! problem solved! thanks much.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Your welcome......glad it will work for you.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT