Im giving my wife my Sony earplugs for her 8100. The headset receptacle as we ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Seidio Headset Plug Adaptor

Advertisement

Im giving my wife my Sony earplugs for her 8100. The headset receptacle as we know is 2.5mm in the 8100, 3.5 in the 8300. Has anyone had good luck with that Seidio adapter that converts the 3.5mm down to a 2.5mm?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    As long as you make sure to connect the headphones to the adapter before you plug it into the BB they work perfectly.

If you plug the adapter into the phone first however, you'll only get sound from one of the speakers.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks, I noticed that with a set I had. But I have those new BB ear gels also and it doesnt matter when you plug it in, its still in stereo.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've purchased 1 of each of the 4 models that Seidio offers. In every case the insulation pulls away from the connector by about 1/8 inch. The adapters continue to work but the workmanship isn't the best. We have been considering putting shrink-wrap tubing over the ends so the exposed copper wire doesn't snap but we have just been super-careful with them.

We would have tried elsewhere to try to get higher quality workmanship adapters but nobody else makes ones that work right.