I admit sometimes I ask questions that have already been answered, but I try to ... General Blackberry forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

search first

Advertisement

I admit sometimes I ask questions that have already been answered, but I try to search first. Pinstack has a large amount of info on blackberry. Some questions have been answered multiple times. That's fine, but when 7 threads have links to the same site, or when 15 people post links to the same d/l, not only is it redundant but I feel kinda cheated.especially when I thought I was going to get NEW info. We all get lazy sometime, but if we search first not only do we become better information researchers but it will keep duplicate posts, and things like having 10 threads with 20 posts with 20 links to 1 os at a minimum. Pinstack has what you need. Officail 4.5 links, free software links, FAQs, DTM links, pins of course, cases, etc. If they don't they can point you in the right direction, if they can't then it ain't out yet. Of course everone here is more than willing to answer any questions, but tons not all have been answered. Again I'm not perfect I just think searching should be the key tool used when trying to gain knowledge about anything. After all doesn't pinstack educate us all?

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good point! I entirelly agree whith what you saying! In fact I see threds about the same thing every single day, and they repeat weekly!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can understand the frustration....but I am one of the ones who came here in a panic with the "no additional applications for your device were found" error. I was new, a bit overwelmed, and frustrated with my new BB. I had never even spent any time on a forum before. I didn't know what to do.

But that's kind of what has kept me here, people don't get flamed for asking questions that have been asked hundreds of times before. We just learn and then help each other out. And the more time the newbies spend here, the more they learn to search and use the forum tools. But in the beginning, this site can be information overload, so much to take in.

That's my 2 cents anyway....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I understand your point the first time here can be daunting its so much. Just thought, I'd let people who may not know, that the veteran stackers (not me, although I know a lot about bb and tecnology in general), and some not so vets are brilliant, they have answered many bb questions already. When you come here you can use pinstack like "google" when it comes to anything blackberry. If search don't get it then by all means ask any question you want. Just trying to add to pinstacks already efficient machine.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I agree with both of you.
    safiy you certainly make a valid point as do you azstar.
    the thing I really enjoy about this site is that there are so many people here that are willing to help with any situation no matter how many times they repeat themselves.
    that is what kept me here instead of another site (cberry.c I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about) which is cool but not as helpful. this forum dosen't have a bunch of pr**ks just being a**holes because they are online.

everyone here is a student and everyone here is a teacher. it's a true learning ideal.

anyway back on topic...

please search everyone but don't ever be afraid to ask.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The more time you spend on this site, the more you learn and the more you can help people who are frustrated. Sometimes a search just doesn't take care of the need, sometimes newbies just don't know any better than to just post their problem

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Yeah you're right sometimes when your bb acts up at just the "wrong time" all you can do is say Heeelp!!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i agree with az.i like the fact that people don't get their chops busted for asking how to put ringtones on their berrys.most of the time when someone posts something like this one of the experts with a billion posts responds by telling them how to do it.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I understand what you are saying, but usually there is someone that is willing to help out. Personally I learn as I go with all the threads and posts that people make. I'm always willing to help someone if I can. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    a direct cut/paste of the Rules & Guidelines posted here

Search the Forums
    Before you ask a question, search the forums to see if your question has previously been asked (and answered). There’s a wealth of Blackberry information already in the forums, and the chances are good that your question has already been answered. However, please do not tell other members to use the search feature. This is a DISCUSSION forum, if you don't have or don't want to answer or entertain discussion on a simple thread then don't reply esp if to suggested the user to search, other friendly PinStackers will reply. Telling or hinting to other users to use search WILL result in an infraction or ban if repeated after warning. On the other hand, we do privately contact users who repeatedly ask questions that can be easily found using the search feature. If you'd like to help then use the "report post" feature to alert us of such users.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I love that stackers don't make people feel dumb for asking a question and usually if it has been asked before or a newbie question, stackers point them to the right thread instead of telling them to do a search. We don't want to make people feel that they can't ask or make them feel emabarrased for asking. That would make them uncomfortable and not want to come back. Pinstack should be a good experience, especially for a newbie.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I love that stackers don't make people feel dumb for asking a question and usually if it has been asked before or a newbie question, stackers point them to the right thread instead of telling them to do a search. We don't want to make people feel that they can't ask or make them feel emabarrased for asking. That would make them uncomfortable and not want to come back. Pinstack should be a good experience, especially for a newbie.
    I definitely agree with you.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Good info cherrichiodo. And for the record i'm not trying to make people feel dumb. Say i needed an answer to a math problem lets say (1+1), and you gave me the answer, cool. Now i'm back again with (1+2) and you give me the answer, at some point wouldn't you want to help me learn to fish rather than always catching them for me. I mean wouldn't that help more. I always help people, and i'm always willing to, but I try to help them become teachers rathers then making them remain students. PS I understand the rules and will refrain from telling people to search. I think I only did that to one maybe two people.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I can understand the frustration....but the more time the newbies spend here, the more they learn to search and use the forum tools. But in the beginning, this site can be information overload, so much to take in.
    -
    Well Said!
    I agree with you word for word. Kudos for an extremely well written entry. You have said it perfectly. Thanks for such a positive viewpoint.

archer6
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't blame you, sometimes I get lazy too