Hi, new to site... Thinking about getting a BB (insert future addict here) lol Can ... General Blackberry forum

kdizzle no está en línea Stack level 1

screen shot of internet page

Advertisement

Hi, new to site... Thinking about getting a BB (insert future addict here) lol

Can anyone take a screen shot to show how websites show up on BB?
    I hear they look just like a computer, I wanna see first if it will be worth it for me.

Thanks in advance

Kdizzle (soon to be addict)

p.s. looking to join your BBAC (black berry anonymous club) soon

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: screen shot of internet page

Hello kdizzle, welcome to pinstack.com! You already took the initiative to sign up for pinstack so getting a BB is a must. What service provider are you going to choose from?

Look here for some screenshots...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

Thanks CP... been reading alot on here great site, always see you helping out...

Carrier will be NEXTEL... have a I860 now, but looking for a pda/phone device... Can't choose between 7520 and 7100... like the full keyboard and bigger screen, but not sure it screen size is a most (haven't seen enough sites) do some site come up like full HTML?

Also not sure it I will be happy without a full keyboard, but I like the looks of the 7100 and size is nice, plus more of a quality screen.

I used a 7520 once and it felt fine as a phone so that's not much of a problem...

Ok I talked enough now it's decision time. How do sites like google maps look that is another reason I want it, do alot of driving for work.

Thanks again

Kdizzle

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Here is an example of Google Maps....
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ht=google+maps

I like Google Maps because you can get directions, and you can view either a map view, or a satellite view.

They pretty much look the same on the 7100 and the 7520, but you will be amazed at the screen resolution and brightness of the 7100. I have the 7100, decided to bypass the 7520, and I am completely content with my choice. Many more options on the 7100, loud ringers etc.... I dont mind not having a full qwerty, suretype spells out the word as you type so its pretty easy, especially if you are not a great speller, it helps alot. Sometimes if I need a dictionary I will open a text box and start typing a word to see how to spell it!

perfect, I think u pretty much got me sold... It's going to be a whole new world for dizzle lol

Thanks again, You can close this thread if u want... lots of help
    im sure i will have more questions soon

kdizzle

one last question how is the speed when going to sites or programs like google maps?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Once you get your BB go to cnet.com and take the bandwith meter test.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Bandwidth_me...html?tag=tool2

Also visit here...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...internet+speed

I kind of remember my speed varying between 200 and 300kbps. I just did it from my computer and its 5551kbps, and my BB is 354kbps. Wish I could get my cable speed on my BB!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kdizzle, let me welcome you also, and add a few comments. I'm not going to post any screenshots as my 8700 has a different format from the 7100i and a different screen resolution. But as to how as BB displays the internet and the differences from a regular Browser, It can be anything from close to very different, depending on how the Site is set up and the settings you use in your browser configuration options. Blackberry Devices support Style sheets and if the webdesigner uses a style sheet specifically for the blackberry it will be very different.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

RCBJR thanks for your input...with all the help and responses I think this is going to become a new hang out for me.

kdizzle

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: screen shot of internet page

You'll really like it here at the Stacks! Welcome!!