Hey im pretty new to this but i have had my perl for some months ... General Blackberry forum

bleedcore310 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SBC Global not working?

Advertisement

Hey im pretty new to this but i have had my perl for some months and no issues until today. I recieved an email message from blackberry saying my sbcglobal email acct is no longer accessable. i tried resetting my acct info via blackberry set up and nothing worked. i have not done any updates to my phone nor made changes to my email acct. Any help? i tried calling my service provider but as usual they were very rude and refered me to blackberry support which didnt really help. Anyways yeah i have a friend who has the same phone as me and also uses sbc global and he recieved the same message. Thanks!!!!

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SBC Global not working?

I've noticed reports on another forum of problems with Yahoo Mail. Yahoo is getting ready to take the new email format out of Beta. I think all of the problems are on the Yahoo end. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

I just got mine for a yahoo account, looking at the yahoo site, your supposed to pay for pop access. Anyone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thumbs up Re: SBC Global not working?

Alright so i figured it out and so far its working for me, just log into you blackberry acct, delete your sbcglobal acct and then re-add it back. i guess there was some change w/yahoo or whatever that messed w/the service. thanks for the help though it pushed me int he right direction!!!
    Thansk!!!!

i think if you log into your blackberry acct you can set up your yahoo acct directly. i think yahoo dose have something like that (with their "free" accts) but if your an att or sbc customer i dont believe you inquire a fee... just try setting up your acct via your blackberry device or through the discover blackberry site, just hit set up email and select your provider, at that point you can log in via web instead of blackberry browser

theasg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405182E

I got the same email for my sbcglobal email this morning. I just deleted the account and added it back it. Seems to be working fine now.

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Same problem, I also tried deleting and re-adding, and now I've got the e-mails that were sitting in my inbox.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

I got the first message lastnight and one this a.m. Just log into your BIS accoount and click on the red square and will successfully update.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

RIM's Yahoo server imap.rim.mail.yahoo.com was down, in most cases deleting and readding the acct will default the account to use SBC's mail server instead.