Hi all. Just found this site today and I love it! I've spent some time ... General Blackberry forum

limedoggie24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Saving to SIM

Advertisement

Hi all. Just found this site today and I love it! I've spent some time looking for the answer to my question and don't see it addressed anywhere. Please let me know if this is not the correct forum.

Here is my dilema. My bb shuts down almost constantly when I email. I just got a replacement in the mail and I cannot for the life of me see how to save to the SIM. Some people say it's automatic, but when I put it in the new bb there is no data. Last phone I had you had to specifically save to the SIM. Can anyone here help me out? I need to send this broken bb back on Monday and I really need all info saved. Should I just sync it (which i normally don't)?

Thanks and I hope to get to know some people here. I have already learned a few new tricks!

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    If you want to save the data you will have to sync using Desktop Manager.

You can save phone numbers to the SIM, but databases and e-mails will not be saved there.

The best and fastest thing is to use the Desktop Manager software and backup the bb. A few seconds is all it takes and it will restore your new device exactly as the old one was configured.

Good luck and WELCOME to Pinstack!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome aboard!

These to Knowledge Base articles should help:

Article1 Article2

limedoggie24 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks

I was able to sync and that was a lifesaver. I did save a few things to the SIM and that really wasn't too helpful, but it's nice to know how.

rudeboim3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea i'd like to know how to save a contact directly to the 'sim' rather than it automatically saving it to the phone..... please advise

Envizion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    bb doesn't allow for direct sim saving unfortunately...a lot of smart phones won't allow it sad to say but thats where desktop managers comes in handy....