Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been using my BB8330 for little over a week now, got everything set ... General Blackberry forum

kerribo no está en línea Stack level 1

Saving email to computer?

I have been using my BB8330 for little over a week now, got everything set up great. The one issue I have is ALL of my email is coming to my phone and NONE
    of email is going to my computer. Did I set up something wrong? I need some of these emails on my 'puter for printout, etc.
    Thanks, this forum is awesome!
    Kerri

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Hello Kerri and welcome to PinStack!

When you say all your e-mail is going to your phone and none to your computer, is this an e-mail address you have going to Outlook or another e-mail client, or your BlackBerry e-mail address?

Cheers,
    Roger
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

It's email that goes to my Outlook Express through my isp.

Blog Entries
    Hm. I think this is the first time I've heard this scenario. It's usually the other way around, where the e-mail gets to the Inbox in Outlook/Outlook Express, but never reaches the device. I mean, it has to be reaching the Express Inbox in order to be pushed to the device.

Did you set this e-mail address up through your device or through the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service)?

Do you have any rules/filters set up in Express?
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-27-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

I set this up on my device. I don't have any filter set up, that I know of...

Blog Entries
    So you had this e-mail address set up with Express before you got your device and you changed nothing in Express? Do you have your PC on all the time or do you shut it off?

What do you do with the e-mail when it comes to your device? Do you leave it on the device or delete it?

My email can be viewed online with my isp, or I can download it to my Outlook express. So, I guess it could go to the online mail (on all the time) until I download to OE. I haven't changed anything with my computer mail. I only set up my BB.

I delete it from my handheld. It is set to delete from 'handheld' only.

Blog Entries
    So you have to manually download it to OE? You don't have automatic send/receive set up?

Blog Entries
    Sorry for all the questions, Kerri! Just trying to figure out what's going on here.

That's ok, I don't mind questions, just want to get this figured out before I head out on vacation!

On my Outlook Express, I have to manually push the send/receive button to download my mail. If I'm away from home, I can go to comcast.net, enter my account and view my mail that way. Since I set up my BB, my mail does not reach comcast or outlook. Weird...

Blog Entries
    So your Comcast e-mail reaches your device, but does not reach Comcast webmail or OE? It has to get to one or the other.

It doesn't seem to reach either one. My computer is always on, does that make a difference?

Blog Entries
    No, it shouldn't make a difference.

I can't remember the exact path, but go to Tools>Email Accounts and edit the settings for this account. In one of the tabs there is an option for the length of time to leave messages on the e-mail server. See what those settings are.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    There may be a setting on your comcast account where you can save a copy of the 'pushed' email or automatically delete it once it's pushed to your Blackberry. Your settings 'may' be deleting your emails once they are sent to your Blackberry. Hence, no emails showing in your comcast account because they are being forwarded automatically to your Blackberry. Maybe? I don't know, just a thought?!

Blog Entries
    That's what I was initially thinking, too, amcat. Some type of rule or filter or something to that effect. I had Comcast service before I moved out here to North Carolina, though and didn't have any issues like this and don't remember having to go in and change any settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast