[FONT=Times New Roman]is there a way to check to see if your cell is functioning ... General Blackberry forum

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1

SAR question?

Advertisement

[FONT=Times New Roman]is there a way to check to see if your cell is functioning correctly and giving off the correct radiation level. I got a replacement phone which was refurbished and for some reason it does not feel right when I use it? I called verizon and they have no idea what a SAR rating is which is ridicules.[/FONT]

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can view information HERE and see what your phones SAR should be but I'm not sure who you could go to that could measure the SAR on your phone.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1
    i know what it sould be, just want to check if its within the normal limits...for some reason fingers tingle when I hold the phone when it is in "X1" mode??

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well you would have to find someone that had the machine to check that.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    That's realt weird.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by eugd View Post
    i know what it sould be, just want to check if its within the normal limits...for some reason fingers tingle when I hold the phone when it is in "X1" mode??

I am not trying to be a smart butt, but are you sure it is not how you are holding the phone. A lot of times people hold the phonea way where something is pressing on their elbow in a way that makes your hand fall asleep. I used to work in a cell phone repair facility and have seen this happen myself.

Also, FCC limits handheld phones to a maximum of .6 watts. In reality, your BB is putting out around .2 watts at maximum power when your signal is around -100 or one or less bars on the signal display. Most CDMA networks are designed around this .2 watts maximum power. This power level is way too low to be causing any type of RF exposure issues.