Hey guys, once again. I tried searching, but no luck I have the charging pod ... General Blackberry forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Safe to have BB charging in the charging pod & plugged in USB at same time?

Advertisement

Hey guys, once again. I tried searching, but no luck

I have the charging pod (cradle). but I was wondering if it is safe to have it in the charging pod and have it connected via the usb cable to my computer at the same time?

Basically, the bb will have 2 methods of charging...via the cradle pod or the USB. Would this damage my BB in any way?

Thank you guys

I have attached a picture so you guys can see what the charging pod is

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I haven't tried that out. And I'm not going to. But for what reason would you want to do this? Just to have the phone upright while syncing or transferring files? Well....

If so (you're like me), just set it up for bluetooth syncs and such. That way you can leave it in the charging pod upright and such. When I do something which requires a usb cable, or if I want really fast backups etc I just plug it in and set the phone down.

On the other hand, if you were to have a non powered USB port you could charge via a pod and sync via the port, but that's rare now.

But who's to say that having two charging methods "active" at teh same time will hurt...
    "Who Dares Wins"

EthanCole Guest
    why would you have two anyways? If you are doing something with your berry on a pc just hook the pod with the usb cable and plug away... Never heard anyone say it will hurt either... But maybe It can damage the battery? have you seen the article on the exploding device? I wouldn't risk it. Batteries aren't cheap.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanCole View Post
    why would you have two anyways? If you are doing something with your berry on a pc just hook the pod with the usb cable and plug away... Never heard anyone say it will hurt either... But maybe It can damage the battery? have you seen the article on the exploding device? I wouldn't risk it. Batteries aren't cheap.
    Neither is surgical reconstruction if ones Berry blows(not to mention having BB withdrawls..)..if you live to tell about it...lol all joking aside I can't imagine it being GOOD for your device but I have no proof, and don't want my berry to go poof! :-)

Well...I've noticed I've done it accidentally...I don't do it on purporse

The pod is right by my computer, so I tend to drop it in there when im syncing or something

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It does no harm to the pod or the device. I do it frequently.

Thanks guys