Ok, so i was eating chicken noodle soup and the bowl tipped off my table, ... General Blackberry forum

Aznhalfling no está en línea Stack level 1

Saddness! help!

Advertisement

Ok, so i was eating chicken noodle soup and the bowl tipped off my table, and my phone fell along with it. soup on the phone!!! now it turns on and works but the keys do not. track ball doesnt click but moves, the first key row when i press it always enters "qe" non stop, and if i press the 2nd row of keys it types in "ad" and row 3 "zc" and the last row, its the shift key. idk how to fix it, and i did not get insurance for my phone, to expense. i read Distilled water, but i was thinkin maybe i should take it apart first if possible, but im only going to do that after i consult T-mobile tommorrow.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

almaft no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d118f1

Re: Saddness! help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)just let it sit out once dry it should work again if you take the case off and let the chip dry out it should work, I did that a few times on other phones and worked but not on my bb goodluck

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'd let it dry out 24hrs and then I'd try a slightly( almost dry) wipe of some sort, wipe keyboard keys maybe sticky from soup.maybe a can of air and blow it out real good. But I'd guess after at least a good 24hour dry out and keyboard wipe u might still have a chance at saving your BB baby.goodluck keep us updated.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

You should get the soup off ASAP before it dries, use a electrical cleaner spray or distilled water, it is quite amazing how after flushing any electronics with distilled water and allowing to dry that most will recover ( distilled water is non conductive)

The most important thing is get whatever gunk is on it off before it dries or the job will be much harder or impossible.use tap or bottled water if you have nothing else, but disassemble it as far as you feel confident to do. and flush with distilled water later.

Make sure the device is switched off and pull the battery before you do any of this !!.
    Last edited by gazar; 01-27-2007 at 08:56 AM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pour some hot cocoa on it jk, sorry about your phone, but yea just dry it out. It should be fine.

silkk83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C6026

all the good advice has already been give... i'll just keep u in my prayers
    God Bless...

Signin off:
    The New Kidd on The Bloc
    The Infamous 80's Baby
    Created in 1983©
    "Focus on progress not perfection"

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Hehe good luck, try to clean it at your best and if it still does not work. Take it to your carrier and say you have problems with it but do not say what happened lol. If they don't notice anything odd...it will be repaired for free if still under warranty.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Aznhalfling, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry about the bad luck. Let us know how it turns out.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you shouldn't let that soup dry in there. I let some of my sons soup dry in my mda and it was over, after that the screen was blue in the middle and in one corner, none of the keys worked, if they did they stuck. (this doesn't apply to the berry but the touch screen didn't work anymore). Second don't call tmo and tell them that you messed it up, just call and add the ins wait a day or 2 then file a claim, I'm sure the cost of ins is less then a new berry full price. As you can see the ins is well worth it.

come2heavy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204d0e10

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~treat it with kid gloves and pray, it just need 2 dry and flake. Good luck!!!!

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

If I may suggest wiping as much soup off as you can get. Next, if you in the north east you should be using your heat so just set that thing on a vent, batt cover off and open, with batt side down. Let sit for 2 days and all should be well.

How do I know? Mine fell out of my back pocket into the toilet after I finished.... Needless to say ripping the battery out immediately and wiping/washing as much as I could did the trick. Well at least after the vent, anyways. Now my bb is fine as though nothing happened. Don't worry too much, it will right itself.

Good luck,
    Ian