Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Note: PinStack.com does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, or verify the comments, opinions, or statements ... General Blackberry forum

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Here´s some RIM News/rumors from thelatest fair: 4.5 and more

Advertisement

Note: PinStack.com does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, or verify the comments, opinions, or statements posted below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on the RIM stand on the worlds largest computer fair CeBit in Hannover, Germany.

Here are some facts that might be interesting.

- All booth devices had 4.5 firmware WITHOUT the Beta Quincy stuff. 81xx, 83xx and 88xx. I was able to install it on my personal 8110 (4.5.0.7) and it works SMOOTH ! Good job so far, RIM ! My old 8100 which is now running with 4.5 too is a big disappointment because it is slow and has heavy lags when just scrolling. I really hope they fix this on the final release. Dont expect 4.5 to be running smooth on a 8700
    - 4.5 will be released to the carriers end of march and it will be another 3-4 works until it available to the public. So expect 4.5 to be out end of April
    - 8707 will NOT get 4.5 firmware

I saw the 9000 and it is exactly as it was shown on here a while ago http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...aces_ebay.html
    Here are some impressions
    - OS will be 4.6 (unless they aren´t renumbering it ...)
    - It´s fast !! WOW !
    - WiFi, EDGE and HSDPA included in ONE device.
    - Screen is bright and the new semitransparent icons are cool - a little iPhone feeling came up....
    - huge Battery capacity (but when using HSDPA it ran empty VERY fast - hope they fix this until release)
    - Device should be announced on (or right before) the WES like most of you already guessed

I can tell you one more very interesting rumors: Expect two more BIG surprises on the hardware site for the WES and another two or three more in 2008 !! When those things I´ve been told are true (and I´m sure they are) RIM surprised me doing a pretty fast job from getting the patents (remember the news a few weeks ago) to the actual realisation of them. Seems RIM is entering whole new generation of devices and some new features which we havn´t seen before at RIM.

Okay, this is it, I really hope this is interesting for some of you guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I7oobie; 03-10-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Oh, I forgot.

There are some cool solutions for enterprise BlackBerry environments like B*Nator Remote Control (Tool for user help desk to take control of the BlackBerry device including Screen capturing and even typing) and some telematics solutions for tracking devices and dispatching To-Do´s

Reporting about this including screens later

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This very promising news. I'm very excited about this year. Being on Verizon with CDMA, unfortunatly I wont be seeing any of these news phones anytime soon. I look forward to the 9000 if/when it comes out for CDMA. Thanks for the update. Oh and I would like to see some screenshots if you have them. Thanks again

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Good review Banthon. Cant wait...

Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Thanks for the info! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the new OS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice stuff..banthon hope what your talking about " Seems RIM is entering whole new generation of devices and some new features which we havn´t seen before at RIM." is a nice touch screen device because i have been waiting.. oh and cant wait to upgrade to 4.5

Okay, and here is a screenshot for that Remote Control tool for Blackberry.

The client on the device can installed via OTA Download or software push, its setting are coming through user defined policies - so no need to tell the end user how to configure this.

The handheld user just launches the application and hits the connet button. After this the user help is able to control the device through the Remote Control Web Application (see screenshot)

That solution rocks ! Anyone (even the RIM people) was hooked on this !
    Last edited by banthon; 03-10-2008 at 10:09 AM.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Its gonna be the middle of the summer before us Verizon people get it. Damm!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by banthon View Post
    End of April...I still can wait. But if it's end of this year...that's way too much time to kill

Here are the stand devices - all of them had 4.5 installed.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by banthon View Post
    Here are the stand devices - all of them had 4.5 installed.

Wow thats crazy.. to bad you couldnt take a few home

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    As long as Verizon drops the curve before WES I'll be happy

TornadoDivine no está en línea Stack level 2
    I wonder if one of those 'new generation' of devices will be a touchscreen slider Blackberry...

skandl no está en línea Stack level 2

UMMMM wait a minute

thats a pretty crappy stand for the likes of RIM!! Did you take any pics of the 9000 yourself because that looks like nothing really special, not what has been predicted to be released and not what some have speculated the design would be.

Not calling you a liar dont get it twisted just a little confused as to why RIM would have a junky table as stand and a 9000 series that has no shock and awe value.

this is what I was expecting to see:

http://www.mobilenewsplanet.com/in-the-news/blackberry-patents-angled-slider-and-rim-multi-touch-techn.html
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 03-10-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: foul language

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast